You and Me (Plus Everyone In Between Us) [Abiya]

Book: You and Me (Plus Everyone In Between Us)
Author: esosazuwawrites
Reviewer: Ablazeisaleo
Chapters Read: 8

Cover and Title (5/10):
I love how the title is intricately linked to the story but the cover lacks the captivating power to plunge in readers to check out the book. Since the book’s a romance genre, I would suggest having an enthralling and bright cover as the cover is too dim and it’s hardly visible to make out the author’s name.

Blurb (7/10):
I love the blurb as a whole as it explains to us in detail what the story is going to unfold but the spacing and length of the blurb makes it look too crowdy and wordy. If I were to re-write the blurb, I would do so as follows:

In the enchanting world of 'You and Me,' 17-year-old Ezra Thompson is on the brink of adulthood and craving a life beyond the deafening buzz of Dilemma, the boy band sensation sweeping every teenager off their feet. Andre Robinson, the frontman, might be a heartthrob to the world, but not to Ezra. Instead, she's trapped in the shadow of her brilliant twin brother, Emmet, with a secret she guards fiercely—her extraordinary singing talent.

Ezra's voice soars like a hidden melody, an anthem reserved for her and her shampoo bottles in the shower. But a twist of fate, thanks to her mischievous younger sister Maria, thrusts her into the spotlight of a singing reality show, 'Finding Solstice,' set in the dazzling city of Los Angeles.

Amidst the dazzling lights and cutthroat competition, Ezra must battle fame-hungry rivals, all chasing the same dream. But when she crosses paths with an enigmatic rockstar, she's inexplicably drawn to him. As the stakes skyrocket, a scandal erupts, threatening to derail her burgeoning career.

Pressure mounts, choices loom, and Ezra must make a decision—protect her passion for music or succumb to the unforgiving industry. In a world where dreams are forged and broken in an instant, Ezra's journey unfolds, where she learns that her music is worth the fight. 'You and Me' takes you on a rollercoaster ride through the labyrinth of the music world, where passion, dreams, and love entwine in a crescendo of emotions.

Character Description (9/10):
Being both a teen fiction and a romance genre, it’s important to make sure that the readers walk in the shoes of your characters, and trust me I did the same. Ezra’s characterization is something that most teens out there can relate to and the way you have juxtapositioned both Emmet and Ezra is just fantastic. The frustrations she faces when she gets recognized as Emmet’s sister and not as her own identity really shows us her character in detail which is a plus point.

Plot and Writing Style (5/10):
You actually have a lovely plot but the ratio of descriptions to dialogues is a bit off. While reading, I felt that there were a lot of descriptions and very little dialogue which is a big miss. Always remember to ‘show and not tell’ motto while writing and try your best to make your characters speak out what they feel rather than writing it all out as it increases reader engagement.

Grammar (5/10):
Regarding grammar, there are a few grammatical errors like punctuation mistakes such as in the first chapter:

Original: The stage lights are bright and hot. The audience is monotone blobby figures in one way. And the addicting thrum of music flows through the air.

Revised: The stage lights are bright and hot. The audience is monotone blobby figures in one way, and the addicting thrum of music flows through the air.

Overall, the story has an amazing plotline and great characters but with the changes mentioned above it’s going to be a banger!

─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─ ⋄ ☾∘☽ ⋄ ─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─

Thank you for requesting a review from us. Do let us know what you think so that we can improve to better provide for authors like you.