Rhyshannon Chronicles: A Path of Swords [Nanya]

Book: Rhyshannon Chronicles: A Path of Swords
Author: Aravis-Brightspell
Reviewer: Kuchiki_
Chapters read: 7

Title:
It seems to be a series so I cannot say much with how far I have read. So far I cannot tell who or what Rhyshannon is or how it is a path of swords but I believe it would be explained in the later chapters.

Cover:
The cover really suits the story, The graphics the fonts and all. It suits the genre and concept.

Blurb/Description:
The Blurb is brief and intriguing, it may, however, need more descriptions?

It gives a basic summary of the inciting moment but not the whole story. You may not wish to add more to “spoil” the story but a little more pinch or information to draw a reader in will help.

The descriptions are so well written, the vocabulary and everything, I can easily imagine what occurs almost like a movie in my head. The professionalism along with the imagination it gives is splendid

Originality/creativity:
The story itself is very unique from a simple assassination we were thrown into a world of fantasy and then a fantastical world away from earth, the concepts used, the creatures, the places, I found them very creative and unique

Grammar/punctuation:
Your use of grammar and punctuation was very good, however, I noticed the use of excess hyphens that didn't seem needed, I do not know if it is a way to express an emotion or exclamation if that's what you were attempting. But in some of the spoken statements I noticed excess hyphens where a comma could be used or it could be left alone.

Plot:
The plot is amazing, I like the fact that it takes a different turn as our main character is still a young boy forced into a fate he is unaware of. The concept, the planning, and the plot are very intriguing.

Writing style:
Your writing style for this particular book is very informative and interesting, it seems like a lot of effort went into this, your descriptions are on point, and the scenes
, everything is so unique and well written.

However, I would say some parts were confusing, maybe because the story is just starting but some parts were very confusing, like in chapters 5 and 7, I could barely understand what was going on, Maybe breaking down the descriptions or adding names would endeavour to help. For a while, I was confused about who the scarred man was. If he had appeared before but then I remembered he did in David's dreams. The whole of chapter five especially, I mostly just read through.
I believe it is because you are still introducing us to the creatures and describing them but I wanted to point this out.

Character development:
David our Mc, seems to have a lot of potential for character development. We haven't met many characters yet( chapter 7) excluding the Mc and some creatures, it seems the scarred man will play a significant part in the later chapters. I hope for David's development which I'm sure he would have

Overall enjoyment:
I enjoyed the story, the concept everything about it was fascinating, and honestly, the descriptions kept me going, it is really well written.

─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─ ⋄ ☾∘☽ ⋄ ─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─

Thank you for requesting a review from us. Do let us know what you think so that we can improve to better provide for authors like you.