2 Villains [Abiya]

Reviewer: Ablazeisaleo
Author: DrPhantomWriter
Story: 2 Villains
Chapters Read: 5

Cover and Title (5/10):
After reading the blurb, I really love how the title directly brings us into the plot of the story. But always remember that a good cover is the key to plunging in more readers. It is very hard to make out the wording on the cover as the font is way too light and small. I would suggest having a more enthralling and enchanting cover to bring in more readers to invest in your story.

Blurb (5/10):
To be honest, I felt like the blurb was more of a mixture of a blurb and a prologue. The blurb is way too long yet it kind of makes the readers confused as when we try to find who this nerdy mysterious guy is but thepn we don't find anything much about him in the blurb which might mislead the readers. I would suggest emphasizing the blurb on the two main characters of the book and also adding in the setting of the story. 'The first installment draws great inspiration...' You don't have to necessarily put this in the blurb as you can add it under the author's note.

Character Description (8/10):
I love how you have portrayed Kaya as a strong woman despite facing horrible trauma during her childhood period. Something that I loved about your description would obviously be the fact that it made us walk hand in hand with Kaya and I actually felt some of the scenes in the book unraveling before me. The fact that her parents were ready to sell her is so disgusting and I just love how you have mixed real-life incidents while plotting up a whole story of your own imagination.

Plot and Writing Style (9/10):
I must say that this book is actually a hidden gem! The way you write actually had the impact of driving me through each and every word in each chapter which is obviously a must when it comes to writing a book. The only shortcoming I found was that firstly, you merged the author's note with the prologue which is a big no when it comes to writing novels. I would suggest having a separate chapter titled Author's note for all the content-related things rather than merging it with the prologue. Secondly, the description-to-dialogue ratio is a bit off. In the first and second chapters, I found that there were more descriptions and less dialogue which might make the chapters a bit boring. I would suggest having a balanced ratio for the same.

Grammar (8/10):
I must say that I'm quite impressed that I haven't stumbled upon any grammatical errors. My only correction in this point would be that some words were bolded which isn't quite necessary as already the story is written in the 1st POV format. Apart from that, it's all good to go!

Overall, I'm in love with Kaya's character and the whole setting of the story. With the changes mentioned above, this story is simply going to stand out and shine!

─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─ ⋄ ☾∘☽ ⋄ ─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─

Thank you for requesting a review from us. Do let us know what you think so that we can improve to better provide for authors like you.