Fated to be You [Vi]

Book: Fated to be You
Author: sparklet11
Reviewer: WarmCupofSparkles12
Number of Chapters: 2

CHAPTER 1:
Pacing: 10/10
It's not introducing characters right off the bat, but it's giving a glimpse into Vivian's life and a description of the man she was forced to marry. The blue eyes and pale skin tell me he needs to get some vitamin D.

World-building: 10/10
It's not immediately changing places one second after the next. The Brown Manor already sounds like a wondrous place to be. I could only imagine how good it looks on the inside.

Characters: 9/10
I enjoy the beginning with Vivian running through all the photographers. As a self-taught artist, if I were in her shoes, I'd curl into a ball and never come out until they were gone. The relationship between Vivian and Vidya reminds me of my sister and I; I'm the one scolding her and we end our talk in silence. Also, for her to be traded to Adriel for a financial marriage sounds like a crime. Vivian also reminds me of myself because she has to worry about family reactions to stuff she does and how she represents her family.

CHAPTER 2:
Pacing: 10/10
We get insight into Jolin and what a troubled life she came from. I honestly feel bad for her. I always fear that because of how angry my dad can get, he and my mom would one day divorce, leaving my sister and I separated. But this is a story, not reality. The scene where Jolin refuses to eat dinner with her mother further adds to the tension between mother and daughter, which I happen to have at times.

World-building: 9/10
I would've liked a look into Jolin's apartment and where she and her friends were when they were talking about Vivian's appearance in the supermarket. The wooden table and chair plus the milky ceramic plate in the apartment (or wherever they are) tells me that they don't have much to afford.

Characters: 10/10
The switch to a new character, Jolin, confused me at first. But then I began to wonder, is this a love story between an actress and her fangirl? Also, Jolin's friends seem cool; gossiping like they're from the Daily Punctilio and wondering why Vivian was at the supermarket. Her troubled life is like a lot of people I know; divorced parents and having to choose who's going with who.

─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─ ⋄ ☾∘☽ ⋄ ─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─

Thank you for requesting a review from us. Do let us know what you think so that we can improve to better provide for authors like you.