Quarter Life Crisis

Book: Quarter Life Crisis
Author: Writix22
Reviewer: oraclesighter
Chapters read: 19

Title: 5/5
Intriguing title. It’s attention grabbing. Unique, yet simple. What can I say, it makes sense for the story!

Cover: 5/5
I absolutely loved the sleek, minimalistic-like artwork. The color palette is visually pleasing and the text font looks gorgeous around the rest of the figures. And we’ve got what I assume are the two main characters of the story standing before us. It’s well done. There are no messy lines, nor confusing elements concerning the artwork. Overall, it’s an attractive cover.

Blurb: 4/5
Starting off with the Cupid line, it was very creative and a great way to hook the readers in. It’s a perfect metaphor for describing Karishma and Rishabh’s situationship. It also mentions their parents' insight, which intrigued me to see how the pair would face them after falling for each other.

Continuing onward, you describe the idea clearly and elaborately, without spoiling or revealing too much.
Along with the way you wrote your blurb, the story premise is incredibly irresistible and attention-grabbing to me. I was curious to see how the events would unfold throughout the story and how the characters would handle them as they began their love journey, despite the issues they faced.
I love the dynamic the characters are mentioned to have with each other here. As well as how you delivered both of their insights, not just the pov character’s insight (Karishma).
We get to take a peek at each of their situations and backstories, as well as how their relationship evolves from disliking each other to gradually falling for one another.

I like the hook you set by the end, as well. It manages to set the tone for the story, including stirring interest and curiosity in readers. It reminds the reader to read on to find out more.

One thing I wish you could have done was to shorten it up a bit. It seemed to be a bit longer than it could have been. Slightly over-detailed.

I think that the dialogue/inner monologue of Karishma wasn’t necessary in this case, since mentioning that “She was the queen of the world of What-ifs” already gives us the idea of the following questions she asks afterward.

And, personally, neither of the questions Karishma states really awakens any curiosity within me. It doesn’t add anything new to the blurb, it just confirms the previous paragraph and only lengthens the description.

Plot: 20/20
It’s an engaging and entertaining plot, clear to understand and moves fast. There are numerous obstacles that Karishma and Rishabh have to overcome to get together, such as their parents, insecurities, current or past situations in their lives, etc.

The scenes you’ve established are creative and amusing to read through. The first chapters’ scenes were outstandingly well-planned and well-written. You know exactly where to start the story, which scenes to include, and how to stir excitement and anticipation for the reader. Continuing through the chapters, I genuinely found myself very intrigued in the story and the characters.

I also love how this is an opposites-attract story, but with your own unique touch and the drama with the parents, making it a forbidden romance at the same time.

The setting you’ve chosen for your story is interesting as well, as you placed the story in Bangalore and gave the readers a little taste of their culture through dialogue and descriptions.
As well as how every scene seems to have something going on in it, there’s always a conflict or a reason to keep on reading, whether it is for the sake of answering a question or because of an exciting incident that leads to another exciting incident.