The Colour Of My Fate [Vi]

Book: The Colour Of My Fate
Author: GarryDnovelist
Reviewer: WarmCupofSparkles12
Chapters read: 2

Chapter 1 Part 1
Pacing: 10/10
Very nice. Slow and deliberate, and it gives us a look into Kirito’s life, dealing with debt. On Oliver’s side, I also like how we spend a few seconds hearing about her emotions and the memories she shared with her (I think now-deceased) daughter.

Characters: 9/10
I want to know what happened to Kirito to cause him and his family to have mounting debts, having been rich and well-known. I also find the relationship between Kirito and his wife realistic; people hide things, and I find it interesting. The characters overall are interesting, from desperate men trying to pay his debt to women that deserve a better and not-so-secretive husband. I also like the addition of Oliver Collins. Her name sounds pretty.

World building: 10/10
Beautiful scenery in the beginning. The scenery has such a gorgeous start to your story. The introduction to Oliver is also nice, seeing her look at portraits of her daughter (I assume she passed away?).

Chapter 1 Part 2
Pacing: 9/10
Like a chunk out of the day, it’s nice and it shows what the characters do in their life. Khali has to go to school, and Meshach is in a state of longing. He wishes for friends who knew it was his birthday. I’d personally give him a hug and say happy birthday.

Characters: 10/10
So now we get introduced to another character; Khali James. And I read one of the comments which said to italicize thoughts so they were different from verbal speech. And I saw that you saw the comment, which is good. 😀 And another character we get introduced to is Meshach Adewale. His intro is just… purely amazing.

World building: 8/10
I feel that we could’ve gotten a description like the start of the first part of Chapter 1 but with Khali’s room. Also with Meshach’s room, but this is nice because we know where they are when their characters are introduced.

─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─ ⋄ ☾∘☽ ⋄ ─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─

Thank you for requesting a review from us. Do let us know what you think so that we can improve to better provide for authors like you.