➤ The mast

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Chapter 2

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

          In the office, the captain lazily sat down on its velvet couch as he waited for his navigator to arrive. His mind wandered to the stowaway. He couldn't get its hazel eyes away from his buzzing mind. It looks scared and confused but still manages to look empty. 

As if nothing was ever stored in those eyes. 

The lips that once in a while quivers, the face of panic and fear, it's all too familiar. He had seen those faces in every encounter he had with innocent citizens that he tarnished. 

It is common for pirates to be feared by the people who are aware of what pirates are capable of. 

It didn't bother him, it never does. 

In fact it added to his ego and proud shoulders.

He knows he is feared by everyone, as he also knows what his capabilities are. It's no surprise when the stowaway tries to back down any further away from him, he expected that.  But what he wasn't expecting was the emptiness. It cried, it begged, it showed fear and panic, it was all visible how the stowaway understood that it had landed itself in great danger, but beyond those, an empty space was seen in its eyes. 

Emptiness that he hasn't seen in anyone at all, as if those reactions he has seen was only a product of the stowaways unremembered memories, hence its genuine and sincere response. He thinks that there is a possibility that it probably has really lost its memories, which is why he decided not to throw it out onboard just unlike his quartermaster said. 

Yet he couldn't run the risk of the other possibilities; whether it's one or another it doesn't matter. If it turns out it is lying, he will just order Calev to get rid of it, and if it's not lying well at least he saved the poor person from the quartermaster's harsh decision.

Axel knows he is feared, but he is not a complete monster.

Or at least that's what he believes.