➤ The War

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Chapter 46

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

          The whole place burned with the scorching fire, the heat melting the irons and bars. The scream and cries of the surviving men ran for their life. Dead bodies everywhere, the fallen soldier at the mercy of the other sector. Yet no matter what they do, the latter keeps on coming to avenge the fallen.

They themselves are losing counts of their own. Their comrades dying right in front of them as the war continues to draw the unknown ending. Blood on the ground, death all marches the place, collecting the souls with no stop.

And in the middle of it, a dashing man drenched in the crimson color all over. In his blade, mercilessly ending someone's life, the blood trickles and falls to the tip.

" We must retreat! The Royal Army keep on coming!" One man, injured yet still fighting, calls for the withdrawal.

" From the east!" Another voice of their comrade screams. " Hundreds are coming forth!"

" Sir! If we continue it will be our doom! We are outnumbered!" The desperate please comes to the ears of the superior. Without any hesitations, he calls for the retirement of their force.

" We'll rendezvous to the north! Retreat for now, we must regain our offenses!" His thunderous voice reached the surviving troop, each of them fleeing.

The horses run past the dead bodies of their enemies and comrades, the tug in their heart swells in pain as they watch the faces of the fallen warriors they have to leave. The more they will stay, the more of their men will die.

" Ezekiel!" The leader screamed, when he realized a lone man refused to leave.

While they were fleeing, one stood in the middle. Continuing to fight, with little energy that is left in his body. His ash purple hair covered in red, through his face, he is no longer recognizable. In his eyes are the colors of rage that are seeping to come out of the cages.

" We are retreating!" The leader screamed from a far, the distance between them increasing as they continued to flee leaving the lone man in the battlefield.