➤ The Calling

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Chapter 36

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

         The stowaway was tormented by her racing thoughts, finding herself entangled in the age-old superstitions of sailors. It seemed to her that she might truly be the harbinger of bad luck, the unfortunate omen that she had inadvertently brought aboard the ship.

Over the past few days, a series of unfortunate events had unfolded, leaving her with an overwhelming sense of responsibility. She couldn't help but believe that somehow, all of it was her fault.

In the quiet solitude of her room, Tyke was her loyal companion, providing silent solace after she had witnessed yet another round of disciplinary measures taken against the combatant.

" You...Do you reckon Calev might be facing another severe punishment because of me?" She asked, looking at the ground as she found no confidence to show her face.

Tyke remained silent but shook his head, clearly in disagreement with whatever thoughts might be crossing her mind.

" Do you hate me?" She asked quietly, her voice timid as if she doesn't even want to ask it in the first place.

" No, mi' lady." Tyke quickly shook his dead, disagreeing to the latter's obvious conclusion.

" But I'm a wench." She reasoned, looking at the young pirate.

The boy smiled at her weakly, as if trying to console her. " And I'm a boy. What's so wrong about it?"

She sighed again, feeling the heaviness of all the she decided to carry. " You don't have to pretend, I know you think I brought all the unfortunate events in the ship, especially to the combatant."