➤ The Unknown Man

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗
Chapter 24
╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Upon Elijah's profanities and series of scolding for the four individuals; the three men groaned in unison but she remained quiet still finding the quartermaster scary as he had always been. The ruined vegetables and fruits were thankfully replaced by newer and fresher ones as they made their way to various stores where they went and made a bargain.

The local vendors defeatedly accepted the severely injured ingredients and replaced them not because of its business but because they were scared of these mighty pirates. Elijah's mood lightens up as he watches the four people carry the bundles and sack as he thought he made a huge bargain without using another ounce of coins.

And again, their journey to return to the ship was again cut off, however not by another comment, another teasing, or another discovery, but because of a grumbling stomach.

She was hungry.

It is in the middle of a hot afternoon, and she has been in the market for almost two hours now. The men she is with seem to be never feeling any type of hunger as they never mentioned it. She tried her best to forget about it, not wanting a stern quartermaster in her platter but her adventures on this island never seemed to stop.

" Fucking fuck! I just want to return to the ship already!" The quartermaster cursed for the tenth or hundred times today. His eyes rolled in annoyance as he turned around to look at her.

" I'm starvin' mate, let's grab something first. " Argus sheepishly said, saving the woman from the pissed man. The others followed and whined that they should eat first anyways considering it lunch.

And that is how they ended up in a tavern.

And a red cheek Argus, a loud Hakim chatting with other people at the next table. A combatant trying to tune out the noise in his ears as he closes his eyes to rest, and a stowaway admiring the crepes and pies in front of her.

Everything happened immediately here, not quite a posh restaurant, but the food is amazingly cheap. The stowaway ate in delight the pastries savoring her hunger as she felt like a kid on cloud nine. Unbeknownst to her, the quartermaster watches her in awe, observing her for the first time in her real figure.

She looked beautiful, he must admit-nobody could actually deny such a fact. Her long black hair decorated with flowers, her beautiful skin that takes a gorgeous comparison to her black hair. The hazel eyes that reflected the fall of trees, the early rays of sun, he felt dumbfounded as he realized the features had been too obvious but he-everyone in the ship was too stupid and clueless.