➤ The Kiss

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Chapter 48

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

         The thoughts did not leave. Like a ghost haunting her through the night. Constantly wanting her attention, everywhere she goes it follows her. Begging for the small amount of time she got to spend, analyzing it, thinking deep for it.

Like a spirit unable to rest in peace, it begs for her help. The thoughts in her head haunted her through the evening even at the proximity of many people. The noise of the dinner, the laughter of the drunkards, the fights of those who gamble after they eat. The arguments over the tables, her thoughts never cease. Taking away her ability to hear or listen, what inside her jumbled mind took her out from reality.

She wonders.

How come she doesn't have anything she wants to do?

" What was Felix's question that rendered you like that, Cordelia?" Calev asked when he saw the woman dissociating. Deep in her own thoughts.

" Oh, you know just stuff." This made Calev more concerned.

" I will speak with Felix and ask him to stop bothering you."

" Calev!" She could not help but raise her voice. " It's nothing, so don't worry."

" But you look like-"

" It's absolutely nothing." She laughed.

Well it wasn't nothing.

The spiral of thoughts along with her effort to reminiscence the life she had lived. Wandering through those memories, figuring out the possibility of doing something she did love. Yet she came out unanswered.

The heavy feeling suffocating her, not liking that a mere realization of her life had always been boring and unalive. It's not that she did not enjoy what she experienced anyways. Her life is led with rules that signifies her future, the future that has been brought upon her ever since she was born.

Through her childhood that consisted of her untamed desire to see the forbidden, challenging the woman in her life who had laid her the restriction. Securing her freedom into a cage and bringing her the different freedom that she did not realize was shackled since the beginning.

She had never felt choked, held, grasped, and tied. Yet she knows she wanted more, but it was her upbringing that stopped her from going to that ocean. Understanding and what she is supposed to do, what her purpose in life, she stopped going for that ocean. The memory lies in her childish ways to fight against the woman who strictly abided her belief that seeing the vast world is a danger to a fragile girl.

When that woman died, her way of challenging her was taken by her to the grave. Not seeing any kind of reason to go after the forbidden when there is no one that is forbidding her anymore. She lost interest in it, spending most of her time in the mountain's woods, training and enhancing her ability.

Preparing for the role she was given since the first day, she lost the memories of wanting the water's touch, the breeze of the salty air.

And most importantly, she lost a person close to her by the hands of the ocean.