➤ The Crew of Mad Treasure

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Chapter 8

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

          Time passed by, the three men conversed through a variety of topics. Calev, on the other hand, just listened while the two did most of the talking. He was silent, but he was focusing more on her, glancing at her way just to make sure she is fine. 

Each and everyone leaving the tables empty as they finished their breakfast. Elijah has already cleaned the counter as Argus left to deliver the captain's meal in his quarters. 

By the time she has undone her plate by almost, the galley is lingered with no one. Calev had been sharpening his tools like the day she had first laid her eyes on him. He sat a few next to her still, silence between them and her eyes lingering on his figure. 

She is certain that no one is wrong if they judge Calev based on his looks. He has a strong aura, his face gives that manly texture, from the sharpness of his jaw, well defined toned body. His arms strong and leaned, he looks like a fighter. And she is sure that he indeed is. 

Yet, the silence he gives brings calmness to her despite her mind still thinking of the fear she has for any of these men inside the ship. His black eye felt clear and light when he looked at her, as if she recognized such a look. She couldn't believe it or even admit it, but she feels comfortable in his presence.

Calev too exposed arms, the sweat glistening in his biceps; absentmindedly taking a clean cloth in front of her and wiping the combatant arms. Her eyes widening in realization, actions halted midway, unsure whether it was alright to actually touch the stoic man. 

She doesn't know why she did it, the sight of the man working with his weapon, she felt like she had to do something. Calev is the only person in the ship, and even though she still fears him, he was kind to her, her instinct got into her, and now for the first time she felt stupid.

The combatant however was also surprised by the action, not expecting anything from her at all. The gesture stirred something in him, his skin tingling in the small hands. Their skin touches the heat from one another, feeling the electric wiring into each other like a magnet. 

Calev felt something inside him that wanted to come out, in his strong effort of holding back he felt his demons prying his way out not with rage, but for the first time, acknowledgement. Their eyes meet, his eyes tell something yet he could not allow himself to know. 

Then there goes the pull, the same feeling yet again consumed him.

The pull is getting stronger.

"Wench." He reminded himself, as if a warning he needs to hear and say, not to himself. 

Instead a warning to her, a woman aboard with hundreds of men, dangerous men all alone. Her innocent gesture could lead her to something, it's not that he has no trust with all his mates but; it pulls.

The pulls' getting stronger.

"You should belay any kind of actions like this, before anyone could misunderstand you." He warned, taking the cloth from her hands. She swallowed the lump in her throat, although not understanding she nodded in agreement.