➤ The Compass

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Chapter 28

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

In the beach, not far from the enormous Mad Treasure sits more than ten men in the sand.

Maps and blueprints of their rendezvous and plans all spread out in the white grain sand, the fire in the chopped woods the only source of their light. There they retell the plans to perfectly construct such a heist.

Everyone listened intently, their face laced with seriousness and focus. They memorize and familiarize everything, including the tiny details of what seems to be the escape plan. The gun master made everyone understand that he had already planted the necessities for distractions in the right places, and all they needed was to memorize where he had put them.

Everybody nodded in understanding, some raised questions about important details if they had ever failed a plan. Axel ensured that the plan would not fail which made everyone feel assured.

" Calev, you go with Argus savvy? Man the perimeter and let the thief do his job." The captain recalled, his eyes warning the man as he understood that Argus is still on his hunt list after that commotion at the ship.

The man nodded, understanding the seriousness of the situation not meddling in his affairs to the mission. At this time, Argus would normally laugh and make a joke to the combatant but he did not voice any sound. His face had been woven with an expression that is unrecognizable to anyone who had not seen him everyday.

So different.

On the top of the mission is the very mobile and alert Argus. Serving as the crew's spy, so far from his personality but despite that a very skilled one in his job. One would say he is on par with their main battlemasters, the combatant who has the highest number of kills.

However he could never touch that accolade, simply because he is not one for killings although he would not hesitate to do so.

What he is on par with no one is, being a thief.