➤ The Island

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Chapter 19

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

          She crossed the hatches near the aftercastle, seeing everyone busy themselves with every work to be done. The quartermaster's voice dominates the whole deck, as he orders everyone around. She watches them, excitement over their faces that she hasn't seen ever since. 

For the first time, she saw something else in their rugged appearance. 

As if the joy in their eyes and the push of their enthusiasm speaks to the anticipation they will meet at the island that they are vastly approaching. 

The stowaway tried to think of the reasons why these people are now showing the exciting part of the adventure that she herself don't know of.  

Aside from finding out the different personalities of the supposed stoic and manly pirates, she has no idea what is the purpose of the pirate king and his sailing. She had never got a real answer that would foretell everything, all she can remember is the small memory of her overhearing a certain mission in the days she had stayed over. 

Proven on how each of them worked with the passion of a sailor, and expedition that is yet to be recorded.

And in the middle of the noise and grounded work of the people that maneuver their motions over the waves that will take them to the first land she will set on. 

She saw him, in the middle of the many people, standing as the bigger man with the authority that he was given. 

Just like everyday, ordering people with his dominant voice, strict actions, but he was different for the first time. Her eyes squinting in confusion as the quartermaster himself shows excitement, voice still loud but a smile plastered in his face.

He looks different.

Beautiful.

He looks beautiful, far from his exuding aura of a dictator, a grumpy man, with murderous eyes. 

He looked so much like an angel with a smile, his eyes smiling with it. With the anticipation of their journey coming to his senses drives him to the feeling of overwhelming cased emotions. 

Visually reflecting through his eyes and the smile widely displaying for everyone to see. The stowaway took a moment to memorize how he looked, far from what he had always given her. 

She wished he would look at her like that, so at least the fear she has for him would lessen. But she knows she could never receive such a look from the man.

Before he could notice her, she quickly paced to the forecastle expertly avoiding everyone who was busy running around and too busy to care who they would bump into. She managed to cross the busy deck, arriving at the forecastle unscathed with anything. 

She approaches the beakhead, wanting to be further from all the noise and busy people. She look ahead, the first island she will land on ever since being in the ship.

The island is small of course, but it is a busy one as it is use a lot by sailors, merchants and pirates. The navy will never reach such an island for it is grounded by pirates, claiming it as their tavern. 

Every pirate docks in the land with peace, as the town mayor, a former pirate lord, addresses a code not wanting to have a ruined business. 

Just like any other island that is dominated by the organization of the regime of piracy, in every corner of the place are the heinous illegal trades that is normal for the life of criminals. With their devious acts, completely tarnishing the beauty of the geography. 

The beautiful cove of luscious greens of palm trees, the rich mountainous forests, and the big and unreachable cliffs that were kissed by the strong waves. 

Behind the beauty of nature, humans flocked like a band of animals, no moral compass-but guided by the principle of wealth and business.

"You want to explore? We only have a day." Suddenly someone sneaks up behind her, his hands grabbing her by the waist as she almost stumbles and falls to the water in surprise.

She gasped as she watch the strong current, that could easily swallow her. Goosebumps her body, thanking her savior for allowing her to live for more. Turning around, she gasped louder when their noses collide. 

He chuckled in amusement by seeing such a reaction, his smile never ceasing even teasing her by getting his face closer to hers. 

Immediately, she pushes him back with earned a more rich laughter; she scoffed as she adjust herself and her clothes hoping the man did not see or felt anything different in her body.

"My bad, I forgot Calev had a gatekeep on you." Argus jokes, pretending to look around searching for the combatant.

If Calev was around he would have found himself across the forecastle and broken bones. Which to his surprise, was a very huge shift in the combatant's nature. He could not fathom what kind of changes had happened to his best friend. 

The series of being thrown across any room by Calev, and him being chased is no foreign to him. It's an everyday routine as a payment for his teasing, but these days ever since the stowaway had entered their ship, his mate had completely changed.

Well not drastically because he is still the demon they all know, but in a way he had changed his ways. He has reasons now, a reason to act like the way he does.

Her.

Everyone recognized his actions; an act of protection.

They have no understanding why, for he had always remained quiet when being asked. He avoided the question or did not respond at all. 

All they could ever do is watch him follow the stowaway like a protective guardian, and when he is not around he makes sure someone is watching over her and reports directly to him.

At this point all he could ever think is whether he is marking his next target; trying to torment the kid before killing her.

But it was not that.

Or maybe he is really into pretty boys.

He laughed at the thought.

"Am I allowed to?" She asked, pertaining to Argus' statement. She wants to go, but she needs permission first.

"Of course, I'll put a good word to the small captain." He giggled before running off. She smiled at the funny nickname when he himself is regarded as a small by his tall crewmates.

Excitement filled her, many things traveled to her mind. From the various things she is anticipating to see on the island. Her mind that had lost most of the memories of the world, she knows basically nothing. The calling of learning made her curiosity run wild, like a little kid wanting the adventure.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━