➤ The Survivor

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Chapter 40

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

          " What do you think?" Draco ushered to Argus, on their way to the great cabin.

The night hasn't left for the morning yet, the ship is still painted by the remnants of the previous event. The sheer evidence of the mass revelation still lingers in the air; the questions still unanswered.

" Think what?" Argus stopped in his tracks turning around to look at his mate.

" Well, you know. Her identity, whether she is part of Landon's crew or maybe she is a greater enemy." Draco shrugged, his voice still at the same volume as if the discussion was something to be frowned upon by the public.

" Basically, you're saying you can't trust her." Argus rolled his eyes, finding no sense in talking about it. " And if you're to curious, how about you fucking fasten your step. Captain will lose his temper if we are late any further."

Argus retracted his steps, entering the steerage that connects to the hallway of the great cabin. Draco followed him with the obvious hesitations and unsatisfied thoughts.

" It's not that I don't trust her. I trust the stowaway. It's just, we don't know that lass. Cordelia." Draco's statement made Argus' mind spin for a second, contemplating whether to listen to the younger one or not.

" Stowaway or Cordelia. She is still our friend." There was an unpleasant tone under his force response. As if he too was starting to think it through, but Argus remained standing in his ground. " She's my friend."

" But changes are not hard to miss, Argus."

Yet people still refuse to believe that or acknowledge that the change in someone is obvious without even trying to announce it.

It just naturally comes out, naturally calling the essence of its difference. At first glance someone might make a double take just to put the certainty of what they observe, but in some cases they knew right away with just one single glance.