➤ The Start

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Chapter 18

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

          "Land ho!" Someone from the upper deck shouted.

The captain comes out of his office with his navigator with a smile. Their eyes looking straight ahead, the island almost near them. The winds flapped all the sails, as the crew worked on together. 

The sails flapped with the sound of excitement, the water smoothly yet aggressively brushed the rudder, the crew already planning their day ahead, the captain awaits for the dock.

Axel had already discussed with everyone what they must do on this island. Orders had already been made and every one had set themselves clear. As excited they are to finally set their feet unto the land and do business and have fun, their top priority is only at one. 

And all of them understood the heavy job, everyone does.

Axel has his eyes only fixated at something, something that he can only focus on. The reason why he had set sail all these years with everyone else. He never drifted away from his priority, he had never forgotten not even once after all these years his reasons. 

The island in front of him is just the start of the journey he set a long time ago.

Finally a progress.

After a long run in a path that no one would see any possibilities, in which they had seen many forms of collapse. The vision of the upcoming times almost stopped, the light in the esplanade almost dimming, the defeat almost being accepted by the fate that concurred to their reality. Yet the continued sailing into the abundance of escapades that dashed the two sides of life in their times. 

And here they are now, through the thick of storms that took their day and nights for the future of what is being pursued.

Finally, the path had survived the storms. Although it was never easy, the years where they sailed endlessly to an aimless journey with the uncertainty of the tales and aids, they are now seeing it.

The real starting point.

Felix smiled genuinely at his captain, watching his eyes show hope and desire. The captain who can stare deadly at anyone, showing such emotions in the eyes that deemed him a monster. 

No matter what everyone had said, every tale has spoken about his captain; he who had been a friend to the man has always known the real Axel.

His reasons, his journey.

The hopes and desire that he sees in Axel's eyes clutched his heart with the delight of his purpose to his captain. The man that he has been with since the very beginning, not only as his navigator, his first mate, or his friend, but a brother.

The times in which he held so dearly between them, shares the bond that won't ever be severed by anything or anyone. For Felix, the eyes of hope and desire that shine at the sight of a journey that will finally begin after the many years of failures, for him it is his duty to take him there.

He is willing to risk his life to take him there.

Even with the countless worries that struck him in reality, he is sure he will follow his captain, even at the edge of the world.

"This is the start." The navigator spoke, looking straight ahead draping his arms in his captain's shoulders like he always had since they were kids.

Axel felt his whole body run with the excitement and the crippling anxiety that balances his adrenaline. In the sight of the island in front of him, the past of his life slowly played at the back of his head. Everything is still clear in his replays, the exact thing that induced the journey. 

Axel pondered upon it as he anticipated their docking to the island, in which he will get his hand over a certain object that will helm the history to the present.

As they got closer, waves had never felt harsher beneath, the sound of whispers that came with the gushing winds came back to him just like any other day. Axel can hear the whispers that had been tormenting him, the same voice that tries to push him. 

The words of blank encouragement that sounded foul in the tone of cynical pronunciation.

All he can think about while he heard her muttering against the sound of the wind, is that one day right at this very beginning-he will stop hearing her.

"The start." He smiled.

While she whisper the sweet path of which he has no idea whether to keep on following. 

However, Axel knows that those voices are the only thing that can keep him moving.

Or was it shackling him instead, without him knowing.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━