➤ The Assurance

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Chapter 23

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

           Three faces continued to be drawn out with different expression yet bearing the same emotions;

shocked,

confused,

Denial.

A moment had already passed, maybe a minute on top yet the eyes in them could not stop blinking in pace, mouth still ajar that any fly could enter with no problem.

Fruits and vegetables are still on the ground, some rolling on the street across. Yet a care was never given, a glance was never spare, they just looked with wide eyes, saucering to the figure ahead them.

Unable to comprehend anything, still trying their best to process what they had just discovered. Their minds frantic as they think of the days they had spent together with him—her. Still confusion haunts them, wondering how they had never seen this kind of situation, how they failed to notice.

Their faces, to every detail, did not make mistakes to be less than appalled. To everyone who can see them, three pairs of wide eyes would laugh as they look like three idiots who are unable to move. Even the combatant could not help but sniffle a laugh, trying to act tough but the comical reaction that the three men had just input failed his persona.

He laughed quite loudly this time, his mind could not erase the stupid faces of his mates. As the quietest crew, it is a surprise that he can be loud with his rich laughter that almost squeaks as he tries to catch his breath.

It is a sight indeed.

To her however bears the look of uneasiness and anxiety. She can't point out if their reactions carry the conclusion she wants or the ending she had always thought of. In fact their faces could not register as comical as what Calev can see; to her it is the processing procedure before they will realize that a wench had been with them.

" I think they are not fine with me." She grimaced, whispering to a laughing Calev.

Although she would have noted how Calev's laughter plays a note to her ears and how this is the very first time she had heard it, she could not afford to as the only thing that runs in her mind is worry.

" Am... I?" her voice quiver, still lingers with anxiety.

Calev, who had heard her voice forced himself to stop laughing yet failed to do so, spurting out laughter from now and then as he attempted to stop. The three men finally came back to their senses, a certain small and loud member and a gun master swallowing a lump in their throat, a quartermaster trying to regain his composure.

"You... You are..."

"A woman."

"A goddess.".

The three horsemen of bewilderment look at each other questionably. Two younger ones' eyes daring the eldest as if asking what they have heard came out from him.

The quartermaster tried to stand steadily as he felt himself sinking on his feet, blushing slightly at what he said absentmindedly.

" I mean--..." He tried to explain, his delicate eyes that were enchanted by the woman in front of him trying its best to come back to his darker ones.