➤ The Chase

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Chapter 33

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

          Two days later, the mad treasure is once again docked at a relatively smaller island.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm glow over the docking port, they arrived at the small yet well-developed town. With business on their minds, they extended an olive branch of peace as they ventured into the welcoming town. In contrast to the previous island they had visited, this one was not governed by a former pirate lord, nor was it a place where pirates could roam unchecked. Hence, the town's mayor had established rules for any pirates seeking accommodation on their island, ensuring a sense of order and civility.

" I won't be serving meals for tonight! Go search for your supper through the taverns, make sure to pay!" Elijah's voice reached to everyone, even at the two people at the forecastle admiring the dark skies and stars.

" I was craving Elijah's stew." Draco groaned loudly, hating the fact that he has to spend his money over his dinner tonight.

The stowaway besides him did not utter a single word, just a timid nod as she started to think for ways to feed herself.

She is the only person in the ship who is broke, and these people have forgotten about that.

" I heard from the other crew there is a good place that cooks well known dishes. I should try that tonight." Draco felt a twinge of annoyance at having to part with his hard-earned money, but his eyes sparkled with delight at the thought of savoring the delectable dishes he longed to taste.

" What about you, any preferences?"

She glanced at him, unsure what to say but gave him a small and awkward smile instead. Forcefully trying to hide the disappointment of literally having nothing in her pockets.