➤ The Goddess

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Chapter 21

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

        They entered a store not far from where they were when she was with Elijah, but this time around it's no longer a store for gentlemen.

Her eyes glistened with joy and excitement as she started to roam the place full of beautiful dresses. She took every features in, admiring every single details.

Each dress almost triggered a memory, the softness of its fabric almost familiar, as if her fingertips had known such texture for a long time in her life. Calev watched her, a smile almost making its way to his face as she ran around like a kid. Something he had never seen from her, not even once.

She runs, touching and looking at everything as if she had forgotten her worries and fears. At that moment, she feels happy after a long time.

Joy.

For a small reason, not most people would understand, but that small reason made her happy, for once.

Here, she felt freedom from the tightness of her secret.

" Take at least five." Calev spoke up while he counted the coins, calculating how many dresses he could afford.

When he looked up, his breath hitched at the sight, a big smile with the eyes of a kid given a pie of her favorite, she smiled at him widely, genuinely; like a kid.

" Really?"

He finally smiled, nodding at her as he can't help but get affected by her contagious smiles. She immediately ran off and picked the dresses that she had fallen in love with. She realized she seems to like the dark colors. 

Picking almost everything in black or red. Almost showing no variety on it, until the middle aged woman who saw her finally approached her. With the assistance of the woman who serves the owner of the store, a white beautiful dress was added among the picked ones.

She even suggested that she should wear the white one, as it looks good on her. She took the advice well and agreed to the woman's suggestions.

The stowaway must have looked so sullied that the woman offered her a shower before wearing her newly picked dresses. Which she misunderstood and worried look suddenly replaced her delight.