➤ The Woman

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Chapter 17

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

          Fate; it is uncertain whether it was fate that stitched an individual into a roving madness that one calls life. 

Or was it the poorly made decisions that are to blame in the scenario of defeated war against oneself that resulted in a sorrow living one had become. 

Neither nor neither, no matter what it could be. 

Life surely is an enigma of calamity waiting to happen. Like the hurricanes that destroy the land, the cyclones and typhoons that move the once calm ocean. The destroyer that everyone had heard of but no one will ever see it's coming. 

Life will find its way to create a fate that will strike someone down, no matter how hard they will run away.

At the same ocean where sailors try to find their dreams, a life of freedom they seek in the warm and cold touches of the salty sea. The face of summer, sunlight at the rims and bubble air, settling in the timid motions. 

Only to erupt in the beauty of paradise by the coast as it travels to the sandy beach. The tropical nights in which the coldness of the whispering zephyr tries to apologize by giving the embrace of gentleness and familiarity. 

The ocean had always reminded everyone of what summer is. Emerald by the shore, the deepest blue at its depth, the flaps of the sails, and the laughter of those who fell in love with the sea. 

But just like everybody and everything else, the sea is never a one season sight. In the summer of it lies the coldness of winter that no one would have thought.

Only the sailors who had ventured the majority of the seas, sailed through the various storms, saw the darkest colors of its waters. They are the only ones who truly see the different seasons the salty water tried to hide. 

Waves that weave the dreams of people who ride the boats, are also the power that waver the threads of crimes that are sewing their ways into the brightness of the sea with their darkness.

"We are fucked!" If the night could possibly become darker, in his rugged and grit tone of voice is a reminder of how there is always another side that is ugly in the beauty of what people see. 

In the beautiful ocean, he travels with nothing but a displeasing voyage. 

" Round yall scallywags or I will let you travel to the locker meself!"

The ship, just like the people who had nothing but the complete coldness on their eyes-dark and terrifying. 

They all stood at the deck, awaiting for the next words of the man. Standing in at the top of the quarterdeck, almost pissing himself with rage as he looks at his men that all he can blame for. 

His blue eyes, icy at every pierce like a thousand knives trying to stab everybody else. The anger in him, visible at how he breathes and moves.

" One single bitch!" He roared in anger, the days of failures and murders he had executed to the numerous towns and ships he and his crew had come across to had reached his last straw. 

" You bunch of fucking rotten tards! One more day of no news of her whereabouts and one you buffoons will meet Davy Jones."

The crew erupted in a series of whispers and secret whines as they tried to hide their fears over the tyrannical captain. 

Agreeing to every word he spoke without comprehending the possibilities of his demands. 

There was desperate passion that ran through them in thought of the consequences they will all see. They can see their life flashing at the huge gladiator sword that the captain possesses. 

Through the shiny iron of the blade, they see their beheaded self. No cry for mercy, but the speed of death that they raced with is outrunning them.

" Stoppin' be no option! Thar be more t' fear than me!" The captain's voice, still at the height of its terrorizing tone, managed to set itself lower. 

As if it was a warning not only for everyone in the ship but also for him. There is no denying that they all see the fear that was glinting in his blue eyes when he spoke. 

Fighting against the look of despotic gaze, orbiting in his pupils are instead the effect of the failure of keeping his job. 

" Its either he or she that will end us." he whispered, as if he had already seen the ending of all of this.

" Find that woman." His voice carries another tale.

In that night,  her face buried itself in his memories as hatred and anger rises in his chest.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━