➤ The Memories

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗
Chapter 22
╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

»»----------------¤----------------««

          A buzzling crowd, voices at the top, a music of everyone's calls. Each very inviting, calling every passerby for just a piece of glance, with a desire to lure them and look at their designated plateau of objects to be sold.

As if no one could hear them, none looked or glanced at any spare glint of irises on the store up alleys of vendors. Yet they buzzed and all about at the busy market, until few came around and looked, placing themselves at luck whenever someone purchased something.

The man in his fur trench coat despite the blazing hotness of the enormous hot ball shadowed the whole island. He walks daringly, chin never been down; so high up proud and boisterous. Eyes always glaring as a beast of its own, hunting their prey at the sun or rays.

The loud buzzing of the market, as if deaf in both ears did not enter his eardrums to bang at it. Instead his walk paces, a trembling figure bumps into anyone who never dared to question yet apologizes on behalf upon recognizing the man.

The pirate king; is at least what he has been called for almost three years now.

To say the people who had heard of such a title are scared of him is an understatement, an insult to his fur, to his ship, to his crew. Ruthless is what everyone expects, he lives with it. Never shying down on the opportunity of people addressing him, instead a full acceptance with a proudness and contempt lies on the shoulder of the man; he terrorizes not only the people but their soul and spirit.

The young man, at the height of his early twenties has become so powerful that even the "feared" with him could never amount to what he can do.

People did not dare to cross his path as he walked, two tall gentlemen on his side eyeing everyone who dared to breathe. They both bear the same weight of being a man of the pirate king. Fearsome and indocile, almost as beastly but no calm as him.

They made the market quiet as they walked, no one dared to question why they were here or what they were looking for. Simply awaiting for their words, hopes and silent prayers are heard by dozens of angels.

A little boy, around at least the of ten had made a great sin of bumping into him. No one dared to inhale, two men on his side did not move but let the king decide. A man wishing his prayers to the parents of the child who is about to be taken by these pirates.

The man looked at him, eyes still encased by darkness yet he did not blame the child; as he knows it is a child.

However, the menacing smile of the child has puzzled him.

"Pirate king is it?" He dared ask.

The man's eyes squinted in rebut, unknown why he would raise an interrogative.

"I have what you are looking for." Reaching his hands out, a piece of used and worn out paper is given. He smiles like a child, yet the crevices speak as devil to the man that stood above him. His eyes dare the devil, knowingly he could not resist.