➤ The Quartermaster's worries

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Chapter 27

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

          " I said, do you want me to do something about it? " He repeated, this time making her understand more. 

" I can ask someone to kill him or maybe we can capture him and force him to tell who you truly are." The last words send shivers to her spine, absentmindedly swallowing the lump in her throat in nervousness. 

The sound of his voice seems so malicious, and his words remind him that if that man would ever be captured she can finally learn who she really is but at the same time he might confirm that she is indeed an enemy to them.

She felt conflicted.

" But why?" Forcing herself to answer and erase all the thoughts that left her sleepless, she stepped in closer to the man but far enough for him to actually reach and see the hesitations in her eyes.

"You're a crew member, you are one of my people. I would like to disclose such interrogative about your past and finally know who you truly are. And besides as the pirate king I won't let anyone who harmed my crew live that long." He smiled sweetly as if his words that he had uttered were not threatening as it sounds, he said it as if it was an assurance, an everyday normal conversation.

" Y-you dont have to. I-I'm fine." She stuttered her rejections., not wanting to cause any disapproval or sudden burst of anger from the man. " Th...thank you captain."

" No, I won't take that." He abruptly responds, stepping closer to the woman who is now frozen in her feet. 

She did not do anything but wait for him to stride to her closeness. Their eyes lock with each other and although he can clearly see many emotions in her eyes just like how he always did, the emptiness is still visible behind it. It's like these emotions are just purely emitted from this new self she had, a self of no memories. 

The emptiness that is fighting to be seen in her beautiful irises are the real eyes of the woman who she had forgotten, who she truly is. Her real self seems to be more than what she is right now, the emptiness in her eyes that he had previously seen since then sparked an interest in him.