➤ The Devil

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Chapter 31

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

            Everyone breathe heavily, the battlemasters slumping to the floor with ragged breaths. Wounded skins, exhausted bodies, and terrified hearts and minds. The crew sent out numerous prayers to the gods they believe in for saving them another day to live even after being in the presence of such demons. 

Their eyes traveled to one another, silent conversation went through with all of them. Still couldn't believe that the demon could actually progress into something more unstoppable.

They have seen him all in his bursts and episodes, he is already deadly without being triggered and when he is; it's all chaos. No one could ever stop him, not even those people of where he had come from. 

He was unstoppable and merciless, used by men who needs the killings. His strength and skill, his rage was paid by the highest bidder wanting to slaughter their enemies using the hands of the said man.

Axel found him exactly seven years ago when he was still starting. A rookie in his journey who needed a skilled man in his ship, he found him hauled with dead bodies he had murder himself. 

He was something Axel could never come across or touch, taming him will absolutely do no better. 

But Calev wanted him to either kill him or take him, and the only way he could tame the beast that lives inside the man that he wanted to board his ship was magic and a pact.

And Zeki is absolute help to that, earning the opportunity to actually tame the untamable.

He was told by the doctor himself that the demon will not cease, it will always come back due to an unknown magic inside him that even Zeki could not understand. 

They just know that something binds him to something. That something is what drives him mad to this certain degree. However they managed to always bring him back to his consciousness, always having the upperhand.

Tonight however plays a different role to the whole fit, a new variable that made the taming impossible. The possible bind that made the demon stronger.

Axel stumped his ways towards the woman, forcing her to stand up and feet her eyes. She trembles with fear under his gaze. This time Axel had lessened the grip and paid more attention to her pain. The traumatic sight she had behold added more fears inside her.