➤ The Visions

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Chapter 43

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

          Changes are constant, but the circulation of life does not change. Through the changes, life will continue its cycle the same way. Riding along with the flow of the inevitable instability, humans needed to adapt and adjust whether they want it or not. Adjustment and adapting, the exact word of what they had done for the two days that had passed. Although the big leap between the stowaway and Cordelia is practically two different people, they couldn't do anything but live with it.

It's life, and even at the situation where you have become uncertain of the person you are living with due to the changes that have happened, you have to live with the fact that it did change.

She had changed, back into what seems to be her real self.

She, too, has to adjust.

It's not like she doesn't want to associate herself with any of them. There is no denying that she did feel the hesitations and worries, it is no surprise that had to have second thoughts. After all, she doesn't know them personally aside from being pirates who were kind enough to actually accept her and shelter her like one of them.

She just doesn't want to associate herself with pirates, and they are unfortunately the same kind of people that harmed her. Yet she could not help but feel bad and feel that she is being ungrateful after what they had done and given her. They might have their downside considering what they do, but she knows that in that one month she was with them, they are genuinely kind.

So in the two days that she spent locked up in the cabin all alone, not wanting anyone's presence. Or spending most of her hours standing by the forecastle and looking what's ahead of them, she reflected on what has happened.

Drowning herself by the thoughts that kept her wide awake. She tried her best to swim in those overthinking wild ventures of her mind. She pondered on everything, feeling the gush of guilt embracing her whole. She knew and felt the uneasy atmosphere she had created. Everyone walks in eggshells around her, carefully measuring and analyzing how to interact with her. As if she is once again a stranger, a new stowaway that they have not known yet.

She can't blame anyone but herself and the fact that she is still uncertain if she has the will to trust a pirate. These thoughts that wildly roamed her head had replaced the anger inside of her into shame.

It is shameful on her part that she was so engrossed with her fury and desire to go home that she had forgotten that these people are the reason why she is still here. Alive and breathing, and yet all she did was keep herself in huge distance and make them feel that they are not worthy of her trust or one single bit of it.

When all in fact, she is more grateful than anyone could ever measure it for. There is no way she could deny that they indeed saved her life, all of them. Especially the man that did nothing but take care of her; her savior.

And yet, all she ever did was push them, pushed him away like some unwanted man.

It was a matter of huge reflection over herself and her unresolved fear of falling into another despair that puts her in a life and death situation. She needs to talk with them, no matter how many times she would deny them, avoid them, purposely ignore all of them. It doesn't matter, in the end she has to do it. To settle things either between them and her, or her with herself and the things that are bugging her to no end.