➤ The Navigator's Question

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Chapter 47

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

           No one knows what island they had docked on the next day. Not even the navigator who had sailed the seas for years. It's not because it's a magical island that suddenly emerges but it was an unnamed one. Isolated and empty, the island becomes a perfect spot for them to fix the ship that was damaged by the storm.

The captain had ordered them to lower the anchor in the early afternoon, stopping the massive ship at the end of the hollow steps of corals that surrounded the beach. They had to row themselves to the shore, in which each boat carries the necessities they will be needing for their stay.

The captain ordered some of them to accompany the boatswain into fetching some woods through the thick forest. They will be needing it to fix the broken parts of the ship. And while the ship is being taken care of, they created a makeshift cabin that is big enough for a person and two to sleep on. Most importantly, the crew was busy building the vicinity that would shelter the captain.

Some of them went along with the quartermaster to get new supplies for their meals, while the doctor—he went along with the boatswain. Not carry some logs and woods but to see the new herbs and plants that are yet to be discovered in this empty island.

Everyone runs around with their roles, busy and buzzing for the works that were assigned to all of them.

While she judges the man who has nothing but sits in his throne, while his men were finalizing his soon to be quarters. She held the most judging eyes one could ever hold. Not liking that the man is practically doing nothing, while the pitiful gun master did the deed of ordering people around.

Hakim, stood proud and tall against everyone as he diligently designated the task to the remaining men that were assigned to building the turfs that they are camping on. She again held the most judgmental eyes she had ever held.

" Does he always do that?" She asked, scrutinizing what she was seeing.

" Huh?" Felix replied, not even giving her his attention. He was busy with his job as a navigator.

" Your captain. He acts as if he can't move, sitting around like some king." She judges more, scowling at the scene a few meters from her.

" He's the pirate king." Felix chuckled.

" Yes I get that. Just, can he at least help?" Inquiring the blue haired man, as she did not hide the sassiness in her tone.

" He's the captain." It was an obvious answer, an answer that made her groan in annoyance.

" We all have our roles, and today yours is to be my assistant. Now hand me that long compass." Felix ordered, his hand reaching out behind his back extending towards her while he was still busy watching through his big telescope. Cordelia struggles with the order, jumbling all the items in her hands. Almost dropping one after another, she whined and groaned, hating every second of her new job that was forced upon her.