➤ The Welcoming

┌──── " 💭 „

└➤ Long chapter ahead. Please rest your eyes once it gets overwhelming 。✑

 ─────┐ ⁀➷

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

╔══════ °° ══════╗

Chapter 34

╚══════ °° ══════╝

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

       The stowaway couldn't forget her recent ordeal, with persistent nightmares plaguing her even on the ship's deck. The many questions about her identity and the people seeking her haunted her thoughts. Amid this turmoil, she found solace in the crew's presence.

Spending time with Elijah made her feel safe and eased her worries. She chose to assist him in the kitchen to distract herself from her nightmares. She overcame her fear of him and monitored the prisoner's condition as he received medical supplies.

Four days passed since the prisoner's capture, and she felt guilty for her initial reaction but didn't have the courage to visit him. The crew, including Zeki, held no grudge against the prisoner. She helped with meals, although she couldn't cook, and gradually became more comfortable as a galley assistant. Surprisingly, the quartermaster changed his opinion of her after one incident.

In her free time, she often visited the navigator's room, expressing her fascination with sea charts and ocean stories despite her inability to remember her childhood. She eagerly listened to Felix's adventurous tales and the gun master's exaggerated stories, soaking up their personal opinions and biases.