➤ The Island's Guest

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Chapter 20

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

            "Ahoy!" The navigator announced as they reached the port. 

The mad treasure stood taller and bigger than any of the pirate ships and vessels that had docked amongst them. The people who witnessed the massive ship dropping their anchor gasped in either awe, fascination taking over, or they watched with nothing in horror as the realization hit them. 

The red and black hue around the body of the ship, the figurehead of the goddess Tyche covered in the crimson color of blood, along with the black sails that drive the huge vessel. 

They recognized who just docked with them, in the Island of Covet, the pirate king had arrived.

The horrors in everyone's eyes however are not seen by the stowaway. Like a person who was deprived of human and land connection, she watched the people in the island like it was her first time seeing many people all at once. 

Lively, all she could ever think of when she saw the people in the land. Everyone is doing their own things, laughter, voices everywhere, new faces as she surveys the place. Her excitement was almost overbearing, wanting nothing more than to set her feet to the steady land. 

The crew started to disperse, hearing from everybody their plans for today. Talks about liquor, food, agenda of purchasing some personal things they want as they greedily converse at the weather deck. Waiting for their captain's words before they can go on their own. Elijah, already at out of the board, manages the fees for docking. 

Having a whole conversation with the man who is in charge of the organizations of the port. In the corner of vision, she saw a huge ship docked meters away from where they were. 

It was massive yet not as much as the mad treasure, but the standing of its figure and colors that is hoisted in the jolly roger that shows the blue skulls and bones. She saw familiarity of it, in the corner of her mind that nothing remembers-the ship looked like something she knows of.

She wondered.

"Everyone! I will give ye yer time t' enjoy yourselves at this land but be back at more than noon and less than supper fer we shall be ready t' weigh anchor. So be sure t' get everythin' ye needs" Axel declares at the top of the quarterdeck, yet smiling at everyone despite his serious tone.

"Aye, aye captain." They all shouted in unison.

Everyone started to leave in subgroups, reminders are being heard from Elijah telling everyone to not miss what they come here for. Hakim started to collect his weapons and hoisted them on his hips, as if getting ready for a battle. The captain told him something before he set his foot and left all alone. 

As well as everyone, Calev was nowhere to be found. Ever since that morning, he was already out of the cabin when she woke up. And just like him, Argus also left her-expecting him to come back when he told her that he will seek the permission of her well awaited step on her first island.