➤ The Pearl's Value

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Chapter 9

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

             She is someone.

Someone with those beautiful pearls that hangs in the most delicate string of golds in her ears, someone with the enigmatic jade that rests peacefully in her chest. 

Zeki could not point it out but he does feel something, not only from her but also from the jewels that she had with her. Was it pure coincidence that such person who carries dormant magic inside her, carries such a gem with her? 

Was it pure coincidence that they met?

"I guess you already know Calev, he is our combatant. He is aggressive so I apologize for putting him in charge. He can be physical." The captain finishes off by introducing everyone in the room.

She nodded at everyone, turning her attention off the beautiful man. 

Glancing at Calev who refused to look away from the window, watching every wave move with the wind. His ears alert with every word exchanged in the room. Mind focuses on the woman he keeps on feeling something that is too strange for his liking.

And just like how Zeki felt something from her, he watched her shift her look to the combatant. Her eyes still etched with the same looks she always have since she came here, fear. But upon looking at Calev, in a matter of seconds it quickly changes into something unexplainable. 

Zeki watched it glistened, her pupils sparkling in a split moment before it came back to what she had in the beginning. 

And within that moment, Zeki felt Calev's demon almost rampaging to come out and meet her. Yet, there was something that served as a barricade that is not letting it have its minutes. 

However, Zeki had come to a puzzling thought when he watched the combatant glance at her. It was the longing to the demon that he saw inside those black eyes of the combatant.

Was it coincidence that she was brought here by fate?

The captain's words puzzled her. Calev has been nowhere near as aggressive or physical at her time with him. Two days tied in a mast, he had never shown anything that could scare her. Though the aura he emitted had been scaring her since, he had never touched her in that way or tried to force his authority and dominance over her. It's ironic how the combatant was too caring and soft with her ever since she woke up—even at those times where she was deemed as a navy.

Calev had shown her kindness.

Although she did wonder how his quietness does emit a certain aura that can scare anyone in the room. He does not open his mouth willingly to speak, he acts as if he is nowhere in the same room. But his ears and presence catches everything more than anyone. 

No one speaks with him that much, they don't ignore him but they don't bother to make him talk. He is always isolated, and they know how to walk around him. Everyone says he is terrifying, upon whatever catches her hearing about the man that she owes her life with, it's always the words that separates him from what she had witnessed from him.