➤ The Pact

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Chapter 41

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

          The silence echoed with the truth of her past ventures, allowing the men inside the room to know the reason to stowaway to their ship. They did not say anything, they let it sink in. Her voice and the tune of anger and frustration lingers to the air. As if it was a promise to be remembered. Everyone can see how angry she is, and even at the most traumatic stories she could foretell the essence of her experience she remained strong and grounded. Never meeting a breaking point of revisiting such nightmares. Instead she sounded like a myth full of oracles, that stories needed to travel into the vast humanity to prove a promise and threat that needed to be extracted by her soul.

She is that strong.

" I need to survive." She said in the silence of the room, the weight of those words was not for them to bear. It was for her to remember.

And they could not believe that this woman is the same frail stowaway they have known for a month. The change is drastic, unmeasurable and hard to explain. Something was clearly out of balance. They all realized that this woman, regardless of her identity, she was never the one to be mess with.

" -Kill them." They heard the dangerous voice from across the corner.

There stood far from her, the raging man who had fire in his eyes. Yet the sign of his demon could never be seen trying to come out. Just the docility of his nature under her gaze, as if waiting for an order.

Calev's eyes reminded them of how she looked at Hardin that time. Murderous and unforgiving, unhinged and untamed, yet the sheer control of chaos dances perfectly for the right fit of catastrophe.

" He is mine to kill." She lowered, glaring at the combatant, and they could not mistake what they saw in his eyes.

Obedience.

Zeki took note of that.

" What's your plan now?" Argus queried a question after contemplating. Unsure whether it was appropriate to do so.

She glanced at him, thinking for a moment before answering him.

The men awaited for it, wanting a clear description of what else could have changed to their new found crew mate. Surely they are glad that she is not an enemy and despite how drastically she had changed from a sweet and weak stowaway to this confident woman, she is still a mate of the mad treasure.

They wish that she still sees them as the same.

Argus wishes she is still a friend.

" Home." She whispered.

The answer did not shock everyone, yet there was sadness in the air the moment she announced her decision.

Of course who were they to stop her?

She came into their life with no memories and so she found a place to belong, but now that she had recovered her life, she belongs somewhere else. She needs to go. That is all she cares about, even if that means she will have to go and leave these people that had helped her.