➤ The Clash

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Chapter 37

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

          "Sir, everything is prepared."

Unbeknownst to everyone, the pirates didn't begin their day until late morning, nearly noon. Since there were no tasks to tend to on the ship other than their departure, the combatant had already handled the day's responsibilities, making it considerably easier for the crew, especially the lowest-ranked members who were typically assigned to his tasks.

They were overjoyed about being spared from the grueling work of dealing with the doctor's cargo. Nevertheless, the ship required the essential preparations for setting sail. Hence, despite their inclination to savor some extra sleep, Elijah woke everyone by drenching them with cold water. With no alternative, they hurriedly made their way to the ship, only to be greeted by the familiar and dreadful sight they had grown accustomed to.

The horror of the scene was not solely attributed to the presence of the demon.

The entire place lay in ruins, ravaged by the chaos unleashed by uniformed men they recognized. Shrieks of terror reverberated throughout the area, punctuated by the cacophony of gunshots and cannon fire. A skirmish had erupted into a deadly battle as other pirates confronted the sudden threat.

The dock was ambushed by a newly arrived ship, which proceeded to attack the pirate vessels peacefully afloat in the water. Towering like the Mad Treasure, it effortlessly overwhelmed the other pirate ships with the destructive might of its cannons. Amidst the mayhem wrought by the pirates cruelly destroying the sailors' home, the Mad Treasure itself stood untouched.

" Sir! It's the demon!" A young officer from the new ship almost cried.

Amidst the whole battle of a decided fight against the attacker and the pirates that tries to escape for their lives, the combatant stands at the top of the main mast, standing all by himself at the yard of the mast sail.

" Fuck!" The second in command could not help but pray for his life.

The huge battleship that belongs to the people in uniform had one target already set. Yet they failed to land the target, in the fear of the one person that boarded the huge ship. Instead they took the huge opportunity to trample other pirates who don't follow their words.

"We mustn't fire on their ship, or we'll all be doomed because of him!" The desperation in his voice cut through the chaos.

Their cannons won't hit the Mad Treasure, not under the watch of the man that they fear.

" It's Sir Erwin's orders!" The man screamed at the young officer.

" But he is not even here! Sir, let's think this through! He is the rumored demon!"