➤ The Heavy Duty

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Chapter 13

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

            Three days later after her recovery she was even invited with their nightly gossip or even horror tales. Of course she joined in and filled her curious mind with all the obvious lies they had been feeding her. Asking many questions about the man that had become a mystery to her, but still meeting the same ending of no answers. 

Her curiosity shifted at those times, inquiring about the tales of Mad Treasure and how it had become what it is today, and how Axel became the pirate king. In the exaggerations of their answers, she found herself in the middle ground of not understanding or not believing. However, she understood now that these pirates are quite different. 

Of course with the exception of the quartermaster, everyone seems to be different from the concept of pirates. Everyone may seem hostile, but they are very welcoming when they find out you're a friend. Something that doesn't make sense for her as she is under the impression that pirates are bad people. 

Elijah, the quartermaster however did not disappoint her assumptions. Ever since she woke up after one week of unconsciousness, all he ever showed her was hostility. She has to admit, everyone scares her here but no one does it better than the quartermaster himself. 

He treated her differently, far from how everyone has been treating her lately after she recovered. The captain never really crossed paths with her as she is always at the sickbay as per instruction of Zeki, and if not she is at the forecastle with Calev by her side. The other crew greeted her everytime and even counted her as one of their mates and lad.

In a span of one week, she was allowed to roam the ship on her own with the exception of never entering the higher ranks cabin and the office. She did her best to follow every rule to not risk anything at all. 

Everything is going smoothly for her, the fear of pirates slowly subsides.

But except the fear of Elijah Vischer