➤ The Break

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Chapter 3

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

          Two days later, the stowaway did not crack or break at all.

Everyone expects that at least in one day it will cry and beg everyone to set it free in exchange of its real identity; in which everyone believes it is a navy. But that never happened at all.

In the first few hours of being tied up, the stowaway remained quiet until it fell asleep. When it awoke, Calev thought it might ask for water or food but instead it just looked ahead and watched the sea weave its wave to the ship. 

The look of pain is still visible in its face as it endures everything. It's even surprising for itself that it has managed to do so. Its mind wandered off to the edge of its memories trying to remember something, as its bodies weakened and weakened itself.

Calev returned to it late at night, with a glass of water and a small amount of food. It never crossed its mind to actually consume something, its mind was far too busy and its body was keeping it to think of something else. 

Upon the appearance of the combatant where it remembered it hasn't taken anything, of course it was thirsty and hungry but nothing can amount to the ache in its body that even eating was something painful to do.

Calev took some bread and fish from the galley and a glass of water as per ordered by the captain. When he arrived, it was still staring ahead, not even sparing a glance at him until he step closer. 

He untied its ropes as he felt it eyed him curiously, it didn't say anything, it just stared with the most hollow eyes he had seen for a long time since his captains. He allowed it to eat on its own under his watch. 

Weakly and slowly it managed to feed itself, consuming only little food until it stopped midway.

"Th-thank y—you." It whispered hoarsely, "I'm sorry, I dont t—thin.k I c-could fi-nish this." Stuttering its words as hiccups escape its lips.