➤ The Scream

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Chapter 29

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

        The ship moves according to the waves, the once peaceful sea awakens to the strong winds and the sudden pouring of a huge rain. 

It is less to be called a storm but more to be just drizzle. Yet it moves the ship, not too harsh but not to gentle. It was all in between; giving no signs of danger the weather continued to trample the settings with is sudden change. 

The night skies had gotten darker, the sounds of winds, waves and rain dominated the ship. The upper deck is completely barren, no signs of figures even in the crow. Repeatedly, the rain touches the wooden floor and soon water flows to the bulwarks and leaves through the scuppers to come with the sea. 

Waves continued to rock the big ship, swaying the rudder and the stern, moving each object that sat through it.

The rest of the crew who did not join the mission sat peacefully in the galley with meats and vegetables in their plates or their mouths. The quartermaster had someone picking the supposed to be job of the now sleeping stowaway as his assistant. There are not many men to feed in the kitchen as half of them are all busy for the raid.

" Take over for me, I will take Zeki's meal to him and the stowaway too." 

Elijah dismissed his job the moment he was done with all his cooking and ushered the temporary assistant to rationalize all the meals together with the hands of the unwilling navigator.

" Blimey, Elijah I want to eat in peace!" It was clear in his face that he just wanted to eat and not do the duty but per the command of the kitchen man he was stuck handling soup as Elijah went to the sickbay with a tray of food in his hands.

It was not unusual to everyone, in contrast to the quartermaster's reputation he is naturally a kind hearted man. And even if he won't admit it or at least try his best to hide any signs of his care the whole crew sees it.