➤ The Boy

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Chapter 42

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

16 years ago

The girl runs fast, the steps of her feets never ceases as it stomps greedily to the ground. The bare feet of her did not mind the stings and gushes it received from the broken branches, to twigs and rocks in the grassy ground.

She runs with excitement and determination, each glint of her purpose shining in her doe eyes. She can smell it, she can feel it. The breeze and the salty air the is offered by the sea. She runs towards it, fast and hurriedly hoping that she will reach it before she can be caught by anyone that is chasing after her.

" Your mother is going to punish you. Please stop running."

She knows she is being chased, she can hear all the footsteps right after her. The calls of her name desperately, warning her to stop. Yet she did not stop, she continued on until she reached the sandy white grails of the coast.

The beautiful white sands spark with the sunlight, glistening all over the beach. The emerald green water touches the coast in the most delicate way. The blue sky mirrors the vast sea that stretches to the edge of the world.

"Wow." The little girl exclaimed, eyes shining like the twinkle of the sunlight reflected at the sea.

Mesmerizing to everyone's eyes, the little girl stood at the other side of the sand in awe. Her eyes follows the waves, widening at every foams it produces. The breeze of the winds and the salty air touches her skin like welcoming. Inviting at every feature of the landscape, she was lured. She wants to touch the water, scoop it with her own hands. Ride the waves, swim, and play all day long. However, before she could take a step further, she was lifted up easily by the person that was chasing after her. As she was completely enthralled by the beauty of what's in front of her, she had forgotten about her.

" You're not supposed to stray far." Those warnings again.

" But."

The girl was once again deprived of the ocean. Something that she has always been restricted of, to be close with any big waters. Perhaps she was just too precious to everyone that they didn't want her to be harmed.

Maybe the waters are dangerous.

Yet she doesn't understand why, she sees the ocean as something unreachable and unrestricted. She sees it as something she desires yet could not get. The little girl always meets the other end of her journey of scavenging a little touch of what the ocean might feel like. A defeated end; being dragged away from it, she helplessly watch it gets further away from her.