Isabela: You're Beautiful

Requested by Simp_city_nerd

Isabela x chubby reader

TW: Negative self-talk

Modern AU?

Side note: I am not fat, so I can't fully understand what it's like to be/perceive yourself as such. I hope I did an alright job with my portrayal.

***

Looking in the mirror these days made you feel sick to your stomach. No matter what you wore, no matter what you ate or how you exercised, losing weight was an unattainable goal for you.

Sighing under your breath, you looked down at yourself with disgust. What were you doing so wrong? Why couldn't you just become skinner? Were you not trying hard enough?

Abruptly, you felt tears well up in your eyes and wiped them away. Stop being such a baby, you scolded yourself. If you just worked harder, you'd have the body you wanted. This is because you're a lazy slob who can't do anything right.

Suddenly, your door was flung open, and Isabela marched into your room. She'd always said she didn't believe in knocking, but her reaction to Camilo barging into her own room would be enough to scare a hippo into hibernation.

"I'm here, love~!" Isa announced proudly.

Then she noticed the way you were standing and the trembling of your lip. Her self-satisfied persona melted instantly as she rushed forward to cup your face. "Y/n, what's the matter? Were you crying?"

You instinctively shook your head, but that only made the tears fall faster. Out of the corner of your eye, you looked at both of your reflections in the mirror. What was this goddess doing with a disgusting creature like yourself? You didn't deserve her—she deserved to be with someone as beautiful as her.

Isabela saw where you were looking. She must have read your mind, because her frown deepened, and she directed your face away from the mirror. "Were those kids at your college making fun of you again?" Her voice was dangerously soft as she wiped your tears away with her thumbs.

At first, you didn't react to her words, but eventually, you managed to nod. Isabela had hit it right on the nose—the reason your self-esteem was so bad today was because of your peers.

Isabela's expression was now a mix of sorrow and pure rage. She wrapped her arms around you, stroking your hair with her face buried in your neck. "You're beautiful," she said, softly but forceful enough to allow no room for argument. "Don't let those idiots tell you otherwise, alright, amor?"

"Um..." you mumbled, not wanting to agree but also not wanting to go against her wishes.

"Y/n, you're beautiful," Isabela said, pulling away and squeezing your cheeks in between her hands. "Look at how cute your face is!"

You couldn't help but smile—even if her words weren't super effective, you truly loved her and her presence always made you feel better.

"Okay, Isa."

She kissed your nose. "Now then, how about we go to the movies or something? I know you wanted to see Barbie together!"

"You or me," you joked. "Are you sure this isn't so you can get me to wear matching pink shirts with you?"

"Uh..." She blinked several times, then dramatically turned away. "I'm going to go change! You get ready to go and I'll pick you up in ten minutes!"

Honestly, that girl...