Twelve |2/2|

Akir

"You nuh leave it yet?" Mom asked as I stepped out of my room, with my sneakers in hand and my phone. "Mi leaving now," I told her as I walked into the kitchen filled with Older family women.

"Don't forget to buy my phone credit," Aunt Ava hollered from the dining table where she was popping gungo peas in an aluminum bowl. I nodded dropping my shoes to the floor and pushing my sock feet in.

"Why don't you take T with you?" Cassandra Torando's mom asked.

"He's helping Anthony with the coal pot," Mom answered. I looked at my hand and she waved me off. Even though I haven't told her why T and I aren't talking she understands that I need space. It's probably a mom instinct I thought. My phone started to ring. I wave to my mom and skip out of the house. Dashing back into the house when I realized I didn't have the shopping bags. I pick them up and dash back out to see my Dad, Torando, and a dozen boys driving into the Yard.

I glanced at the phone to see it was Jessica. "We're driving up to your Yard," she said, a smile appearing on my lips. It's been three days since I have seen them they have spent an extra day in Mandeville because Ronen's grandmother couldn't have enough of him. So they spend an extra day taking her out of the house around town. I walk out of the yard just as a black BMW drives up to the gate. Just as the car stops everyone's eyes shift to my direction. Jessica was the first to climb out, then Veyah.

"Meet my wife," Jessica whispered as Ronen climbed out of the car.

"I have heard so much about you," She hugged me tipping on her toe to hug her and lift her slightly.

"Mind, Jessica has been possessive all weekend." Ronen's voice warned and I laughed out as Seth and Venzi rushed up to stand beside me.

"Hey Ro," Venzi hailed him up and he nodded to both Seth and Venzi.

"Guys help me get the bags in Akir's room," Jessica called to Seth and Vezi.

"You so freaking cute," Veyah cups my face. "Jess, can I kiss him?" She hugged me again, and Jessica laughed out.

"Wait!" She called out. She rushes over holding her phone in a video mood. They both tip up and kiss my cheeks as Veyah grabs my face and pecks my lips.

"Sorry Not Sorry," she blurts out as Jessica tugged her to the back of the car.

"They are a lot," I said.

"Be lucky you didn't have to stay with them all night. They wouldn't sleep." He says as he walks around the car with a gift bag.

"I brought a wine for your mom," he said handing me the bag. "I didn't get anything for your Dad since you told me he doesn't like gifts from men." I took the bag from his hand.

"I'll give it to her." Jessica took the bag and then tugged Veyah into the Yard, I nodded to Seth and he ran to catch up with the girls.

"With Veyah around there's no way anyone will think you gay," Venzi chuckled he fist hit my shoulder as my gaze fell on him.

"Wait till you get in the car then you guys stare at each other like that," Venzi shoved Ronen and I set my gaze on the car passing by.

"I am driving," Jessica skipped out of the yard as Veyah and Sean walked out together.

"I don't mind," Ronen yawned throwing her the keys and Veyah took the passenger seat.

"A," Torando's voice calls, I turned to him.

"You guys passing Zeke place, drop me on the curve. I need to get some more coal for your father." He said as the sound of the car door slam and Veyah jumped out and told him to take the passenger seat.