Twenty Three |2|

I STRUGGLE to sleep these days, even my phone calls to Ronen get lesser and lesser. It's dawning on me how much has been going on. The only slice of peace I get is after work when I go to dump up the beach and sit on the sand and sketch. I couldn't even do it at home anymore because Torando was always there waiting on me, or he invited Damion over, and they lounged in my apartment and then left it untidy.

   I can't count on how many times I have walked into my apartment to it reeks of weed and cigarettes along with the strong stench of Rum. Just yesterday, I had to fight him off because he wanted to do me after smoking weed and with the apartment filled with guys I don't talk to. Hence, the reason I am sitting here with a wrap around my wrists.

      I didn't have Seth anymore. He and Venzi moved out last month after one of Seth's exes showed up and was all up in Venzi's face, which didn't end well. Venzi ended up in the hospital for the weekend. Neril asked what was going on, and I chalked up a lie, telling her that it was an old friend that's holding a grudge against Venzi. Without actually giving her the truth, that is a dispute between lovers.

     They both still call me every other day to let me know that they have moved back to Kingston, living in uptown away from Seth's past and a story that Seth says I'm not ready to hear. Seth's friends missed him and complained to me daily about his departure since he resigned and left abruptly.

Olan still hasn't texted or called. And even though I do text him, he doesn't reply. I stopped and decided not to do it anymore. I haven't told him I overheard him with Jevel because I didn't want to have to deal with that. Jevel was another case.

     My cellphone rings. I look down at it to see that Neril is calling. I decided to let it slip to voice mail. I stare down at the sketch of Ronen. It was a drawing of him in his bed naked, but his bottom half was hidden by the duvet. It was right after we had phone sex and he looked so freaking sexy that I decided that I wanted the memory to last long.

        My phone vibrates.

It was a text. It reads;

Remember you promised to have lunch with me so we could talk.🫢

     I turn the phone down. I sigh.

Neril has been trying to get me to have dinner with her a lot lately, but I always decline and say I already eat, but now I have run out of excuses. I barely cover my face, staring at the calm sea. At least she's willing to talk to me, unlike her boyfriend. Reluctantly, I got up with a heavy feeling as I decided to show up.

It's only Neril.

      Half an hour later, I arrived at the restaurant named Hummingbird Cave. It was on the outstretched of the highway, just a little off the road. I arrived to find Neril standing at the door waiting on me dressed in a gray skirt which was short in the front but longer in the back, which she pulled off with a sexy white crop top and matching white slippers on her feet.

"Hey," She says as I walk up to her, and she turns away abruptly, causing me to follow after her. It wasn't until she rounded the corner that the table came into view when I realized everyone was there, including Olan.

     "We all haven't hung out together in so long, I decided to do a quick get-together." She latched onto my hand and tugged me towards the table.

   Something heavy drops in my stomach, making me feel uneasy. My eyes went to Olan, who quickly diverted his eyes to something Charles was telling him.

"This is Anna-Kay," She introduced me to her friend. "Anna-kay, Akir." She introduced her to me. We both shook hands, and she picked up her handbag, giving me the seat that was set between her and Anna-kay. Taking a deep breath, I sat down, sliding my phone into my pocket.