Sixty-four.

10,000 words ahead

Sixty-four.

3 weeks later..

It was 7 A.M. on a Friday. Taehyung had his suitcase laid out on his bed, putting in neatly folded clothes.
The flight to California happened to be on a school day so Taehyung had to blow off school for this trip. They just couldn't have waited till summer for this convention hm. But he did call the school to let them know he won't be attending. The new principal had actually remarked that he and his kids are fans of Taehyung and Jungkook's videos, so he didn't see it a problem. This trip is only for a day so Taehyung isn't shoving in too much crap in his suitcase.

Just as he finished settling in his things for his personal hygiene ( shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, toothbrush, cologne) He zipped his suitcase shut, and pulled it with him by the handle, down the steps.
His mother will be dropping him off at the airport.

He put the suitcase in the trunk, and fetched a bag with extra needs such as his airpods, and phone charger. His mother already inside the car, waiting for him. He went in the passenger seat and off they went to the airport.

"Are you excited?" His mother asked, eyes on the road ahead.

"Yes ma'am I am." Taehyung answered with a nod. "Gonna be on this flight for 12 hours, so an adventure awaits." He joked, with a tiny fist pump in the air, a scrunch of his nose.

"I'm excited for you." Jenwoo grinned. "You're going to have a blast, I just know it. You deserve to anyways. You hardly leave the house now."

"Yeah." Taehyung hummed, fidgeting with his hair, pushing some behind his ear. "I mean I do get invited by friends to hang out but I wouldn't go along." He shrugged a shoulder, unbothered.

"Well it's great you get to meet fans. Take pictures, sign autographs. Oh my son is famous!" Jenwoo chirped bubbly with a shoulder bounce. "Lucky me."

Taehyung laughed, blushing a little from the word 'famous' . "Yeah and I remember how you used to say making vlogs was a dumb decision-"

"But!" Jenwoo cut in, with a finger pointing up. "Seeing how you're making money out of every video you post, and you even got a fanbase. You have proved me wrong."

Taehyung dropped out a light laugh and the ride fell silent. He felt around his pocket for his phone, took it out, and stared down at his lockscreen, which was the last selca he took with Jungkook. As he stared at it, his lips curled up into a fond grin.

The two haven't spoken to eachother these past few weeks. They've been distant. At lunch Taehyung would sit with Jackson and his group and then sometimes with Mingi and his group. Taehyung and Jungkook were like total strangers to the other. But over the days Taehyung has actually been writing a song for Jungkook. He never thought he'd be doing that for someone. But love can make you do the unthinkable. He just has no idea how he's gonna show it to him.

A sharp pain struck at Taehyung's chest at the fact that he's about to see Jungkook on the same plane.

They're going to be on the same plane. Beside each other. For 12 hours. Oh boy.

But Taehyung tried to not let that get to him. He tried shrugging off the tense feeling which weighed him down. He needed to be relaxed, and not stress, a main cause of pimples.

But yeah Taehyung doesn't believe he'll be able to hold back from bringing up about how he and Jungkook used to be. That is if Jungkook is comfortable enough to talk about them. If not then Taehyung will respect that. Not like he'd nag on Jungkook.

About 20 minutes passed, and Jenwoo put the car to a hault on the front entrance of the airport, dozens of more people biding farewells, and going in. "Oh before you get out son, I'd like to tell you something very important." Jenwoo began.