Chapter 7

The two of you make it to your grandparents house. You knock on the door, using the metal knocker. Hikari opens the door and smiles at you.

"You came back." She says smiling. You smile and nod. "I didn't think you would come back anytime soon." grins Hikari. Hikari holds open the door for you and Ren. The two of you walk in and slowly walk into the room where your grandfather's chair is. He wasn't sitting in it. "If you're looking for Papa... he's in the dojo..." You nod and walk towards the back, sliding open the door and walking outside. There's another small building behind the house.

"This place is just as pretty as I remember it." Ren comments.

"Yeah." You reply. The two of you walk through the backyard. There's a pretty fountain and pretty decoration in the backyard. You start to get Yuki's flashbacks of gardening with your grandmother and meditating with your grandfather by the fountain. You walk up to the small building, sliding open the door to see your grandfather quietly sitting on the ground in a strange position meditating.

"Yuki... my little mochi." He quietly says with his eyes closed. "You have brought a friend with you... How are you Ren." He says slowly opening his eyes. Ren slowly looks at you with a small smile on his face. He leans in closer towards your face to whisper in your ear.

"I forgot how weird your grandpa is." Ren smiles. You nod and smile.

"So... did you come back to practice with me?" Your grandfather asks.

"Yes... but Ren also wants to learn some things too." You add. Your grandfather nods.

"Okay then Ren. I will teach you... but first I want to know how strong your core is and how relaxed your body can get." Your grandfather says, patting Ren's shoulder.

Your grandfather hands Ren a lightweight outfit and started making Ren do different poses. You also put on a lightweight outfit. You watch ren bend in twist and many different ways.

"Ich... I c-can't move any f-further..." Ren heaved, falling to the ground after your grandfather let's go of him.

"mmm... you need to work more on your core muscles and flexibility... we should start practicing with that." Ren nods, showing pain in his face. "Also... meditation... practice relaxing your body... it is very important... try doing that today with Yuki... I'm going to make lunch." Your grandfather says walking out the dojo and into the house. Ren leans back with his legs open and his head hanging back. Sweat slowly drips down his forehead and his hair looks wet. His eyes are closed, and his chest is moving slowly as he takes deep breathes.

"Do you need water?" You ask. Ren nods. You stand up and grab some water from the cooler in storage room. You crack open the bottle a bit so that he doesn't have to use much strength to open it. Handing Ren the bottle, he takes it and gulps down the water.

"Thank you..." He says sitting up and wiping his face with his sleeve.

"Are you okay?" You ask. Ren nods.

"I'm just not used to this... the most exercise I do is morning runs... but that's all..." Ren says taking a deep breath and then coughing. "My throat itches when I take deep breaths." He adds sluggishly.

"Drink more water." You say. Ren nods drinking more water.

"So..." He drinks a bit more before closing the water bottle. "Are you going to show me how to meditate?" He asks in a quiet and tired tone. You nod.

After meditating, lunch, and some more flexibility and core exercises it was time for dinner. You and Ren take a shower and put clean clothes on. Your grandmother made dinner, Yuki's favorite, Yuki's grandmothers special spicy curry. It smells really nice. You sit down at the Kotatsu... Your grandmother usually sets one up when it starts to get cold outside. Your legs feel cozy and the food tastes really good.