Chapter 21

After getting out of school the three of you walk to Hana's house. Aimi walks up to Hana's front door and rings the doorbell. No one answers the door.

"Is she not home?" Eli asks, standing behind Aimi with his arms crossed. You shrug.

"Where would she go?" Aimi says looking back at Eli with an annoyed look on her face. 

"I don't know..." Eli sighs looking away.

"I'll just call her." Aimi says pulling out her phone. The phone starts ringing but Hana doesn't answer. "Maybe she's asleep..." Aimi sighs putting her phone back into her bag.

"Are you guys looking for Hana?" A voice says from behind. You turn around to see Mika, Hana's little sister.

"Yes... Is she home?" Aimi asks. Mika nods. 

"She should be home..." Mika answers. Mika unlocks the front door and walks in putting her bag down and taking off her shoes. Mika turns around to look back at the three of you. "Come on...  come in." She motions. The three of you walk in and take off your shoes. Aimi turns towards Mika.

"We are going upstairs to Hana... okay?" Aimi says walking up the stairs. You and Eli follow behind Aimi. Aimi opens a door to a room. She walks in and you follow in behind her. You look around the room to see a bunch of posters on the wall. Aimi sits down beside the lump under the blanket on the bed. 

"Hana." She calmly says shaking the lump.

"mmm-" Hana groans, turning over and pulling away from Aimi. 

"Come on... we came here to see you... can you please-" Aimi starts.

"We?" Hana pokes her head out from under the blanket. Hana looks up directly at Aimi and then past Aimi and at you. "Yuki?" She gawked. You smile at her.

"Hi." Hana coos, slowly sitting up. She smiles widely at you, then her smile disappears when she looks behind you. "What is he doing here?" She questions, relaxing her eyes and glaring at Eli. 

"..." Eli stares back at Hana.

"uh- Aimi..." A voice says from behind Eli. Everyone turns to face the door. Mika stands still and wide-eyed staring back at everyone.

"Yeah?"

"Your brother is... here... He said he forgot his keys at home and that no one is home to let him in." Mika slowly says.

"What?" Aimi furrows her eyebrows looking at Mika.

Everyone is sitting in the living room. Aimi is sitting down on the couch on the right of you and Hana is laying down on the left of you, laying her head down on your lap. Touya, Aimi's brother is sitting on the floor in front of a low legged table and Mika is sitting across from him, doing her homework. Eli is sitting on the floor leaning against the couch next to Aimi.

"Dad said he won't be home until later?" Aimi asks her brother.

"Yeah..." he replies.

"Now thinking about it... it's been a long time since I've seen baby Touya... Last time I saw him, he was always carrying that nasty beaten up stuffed bunny." Eli says smiling at Touya. 

"He still has it... Our dad tried to take it away cause its so worn out... but Touya fight's him over it each time saying he needs it to sleep." Aimi chuckles.

"Ew... For real...? Awww... I guess baby Touya is still a baby." Eli teases. Touya quickly turns towards Eli, glaring at him. Mika looks down at her paper trying to hold in her laugh. Touya notices and looks at Mika.