Chapter 42

You watch as Kazutora disappears. Your eyes widen in fear. You slowly turn your head to look at Kokonoi. He's smiling down at you. You slowly shift your eyes away out of fear. Kokonoi tilts his head a bit, motioning the guys who were holding you down. One of the guys puts a bag over your head and you get struck in the head by something causing you to pass out.

You slowly open your eyes to see you're in a room, sitting on a concrete floor. You tilt your head to the side a bit feeling immense pain. You slowly open your eyes, looking up to see what was around you.

"You're awake..." Kokonoi says in the distance. You slowly lift your head up in his direction.

"... Who are you..." You struggle to say. Kokonoi scoffs and stands up.

"Shouldn't you be asking why you're here?" He sadistically smiles at you. "You don't need to know who I am... If you already don't." He grabs a chair from the side and pulls it towards him. He sits down on it backwards and leans on the back of it. "It's really crazy that you're a girl... killing you would be pointless... you would be worth a lot more if you were sold instead..."

"What the hell are you blathering about..." You seeth through your thick bloody hair. Kokonoi looks down at you and smiles.

"You killed one of our members... didn't you?" He asks in a mockery way. You furrow your eyebrows at him. He relaxes his eyes at you and tilts his head a bit to the side. "I will give you an offer... You can pay me a million yen for your freedom... or I can sell you to some nasty pigs on the black market... your take~" He sooths.

"A million yen? I don't have that kind of money... Besides I didn't even kill anyone-"

"I didn't ask you all of that... I said give me money or become some old man's sex toy..." He says in a stern tone, staring at you with a blank expression on his face.

"..." You stare at him unsure how to respond. "I-"

"I don't really care if you are a girl or not... I don't care what happens to you... I want my money one way or the other... whether it's to sell you or for you to pay me that money." He sooths as he smiles at you. You grip at the rope they tied you down with.

"You are taking money instead of killing me... even after I killed one of your own? What kind of system do you even uphold..." You huff.

"So, you did kill one of my members?" He cocks his head the other way. You furrow your eyebrows and slowly looks away.

"I'm speaking in general... I didn't kill anyone..." You murmur. Kokonoi stands up from the chair and grabs your hair, pulling it back.

"You have long hair... long pretty jet black hair. Hair like this can be so... expensive..." He leans closer to your face and grabs your chin, pulling your lip down to reveal your teeth. "Pretty white teeth... those can be good for a nice pair of dentures... don't you think?" You pull your face away from him. "Your heart... kidneys... lungs... brain... all of it... would cost a hefty price..." He sooths into your ear. "I guess you're right... I should just kill you..." He purrs into your ear. You pull away from him feeling uncomfortable and uneasy. Kokonoi lets go of your hair and stands up straight, looking down at you.

The door behind Kokonoi swings open. You slowly look up to see a guy with blond hair and a pink scar on his face, by his forehead and eye.

"Koko... someone's here for you." The guy says from the door. Kokonoi smiles before turning his head towards the door.

"One million yen... right?" The voice says as they approach the door and walks in. Kokonoi smiles at the guy and looks back down at you.

"Make it two million... the black dragons aren't the only ones after her... Don't pay up and I will just give her away to someone who will pay that much..." Kokonoi gibes. You squint your eyes to see who Kokonoi was talking to. The guys gray eyes bore into yours. Your eyes widen when you notice who it is.