Chapter 34

"WAIT- KASUMI!" You yell out as you hop out the bakery after Kasumi.

"Why are you chasing after me..." Kasumi says as she continues to walk across the street.

"Kasumi- Please... stop." You pant as you try to catch up to her. Kasumi ignores you and continues to walk away. "Kasu- AHHH-" You scream out as you trip and fall. Kasumi stops and turns around to see why you screamed. You slowly get up. You sit down on the ground, rubbing your scratched up palms. 

"Are you okay?" She asks slowly approaching you. Your eyes start to tear up as you look up at her.

"Y-yeah... just... it just burns..." You softly say as you hop back up. Kasumi stares at you with a soft expression on her face.

"Why did you chase me out here?" Kasumi asks.

"I'm sorry..." You say.

"You don't have to apologize... I already said it was okay..." Kasumi replies.

"You say it's okay but then walk out like it bothered you." You comment. Kasumi stands quiet staring at you. "I didn't mean to seem like I'm trying to find dirt on you... it's just that- lately people have been appearing out of nowhere and getting close to me... things haven't felt really... normal. Like something is off... And when you befriended me, I got scared that-" You continue.

"I was a spy?" Kasumi finishes your sentence.

"Something like that..." You reply.

"I mean... I get it. You are involved with a bunch of gang members... of course you have to be skeptical of others..." Kasumi states.

"Yeah..."

"I'm not here to spy or use you-" Kasumi pauses and clenches onto her bag and then slightly smiles. "I really want to be friends with you... I want to get to know you- I struggle to make friends... and- you gave me a chance so... I'm sorry... If I am causing you that much anxiety then we should just leave it as that." Kasumi sighs and turns around.

"NO- Kasumi... I'm sorry... please- Let's be friends..." You shout out, reaching towards her shoulder. Kasumi slowly turns back around.

"You're only saying that because you feel sorry..." She responds.

"No. I really mean it. I like making new friends and you seem very interesting... I was just worried... but I trust you-" You softly say. Kasumi's eyes widen and she grips onto her bag tighter.

"Yuki-"

"Tell me about yourself... I want to get to know you more... a friend to a friend..." You say holding out your hand. "Let's start over... on the right note this time..." You softly add. Kasumi squeezes her bag tighter and then loosens her grip completely letting go of the bag. She slowly reaches her hand out towards you and shakes your hand.

"Hi..." You smile. "I'm Yuki-" You bubble. Kasumi's eyes glisten when you say that causing her to relax and tear up a bit.

"I'm Kasumi..." She quietly says looking down at her feet. You tilt your head to the side causing her to look back at you. You smile again at her causing her to slightly smile back.

"Are you going somewhere?" You hesitate to ask.

"... kinda but I can wait until later if I need to..." Kasumi softly responds.

"Where were you going to go?" You ask. Kasumi looks out into the distance a bit before looking back at you. 

"The hospital..." Kasumi quietly says.

"Oh... Is someone sick?" You ask. Kasumi nods slowly. You furrow your eyebrows a bit.

After arriving at the hospital, you and Kasumi walk down a hall and you both stop in front of a door that has the number 011 on it. Kasumi opens the door and walks in, you walk in behind her.