Chapter 47

"Chifuyu..." You softly place your hand on his shoulder. "Please tell me... he's not dead right?" You ask again.

"No, he's not." He listlessly replies. You feel a rush of relief go through your body. It makes you want to cry but you hold in your tears by taking deep breaths. 

"Is he okay?" You softly ask. Chifuyu slowly looks up at you and starts crying again.

"I'm so useless..."

"huh?" You look at him confused.

"I couldn't save him... even after everything you said, I still wasn't able to fully save him." Chifuyu rasps.

"What do you mean? You said he wasn't dead... I don't understand..." 

"..." Chifuyu stops crying and relaxes his eyes. "Baji might not ever be able to walk again..." He sniffles. Your eyes widen and heart drops. Even though it's better than him being dead, you still can't help but grieve. Chifuyu keeps blaming himself for something that's not his fault. You sit down beside him.

"Have you eaten yet?" You ask.

"No... I haven't..." Chifuyu sighs.

"Is Baji sleeping right now?" You ask. Chifuyu slowly nods. You slowly stand up and walk away. You went to the nearest vending machine to buy Chifuyu a snack. After buying him a snack and a drink you walk back to him. You sit back down next to him and placed the snack and drink on his lap. Chifuyu slowly grabs the snack, opening it and taking a bite out of it.

"Thank you..." He quietly says.

"You're welcome..." You softly respond. Chifuyu takes another bite of the snack and looks at you. You look back at him and sigh a bit.

"Are you supposed to be a dead maid?" He asks. You slowly nod. He smiles and nods too.

"What happened to Kazutora?" You ask. Chifuyu looks in front of him and his smile goes away. You tilt your head a bit waiting for his answer. 

"He's dead..." Chifuyu quietly answers.

"Dead? What do you mean?" You ask feeling a bunch of pain in your chest.

"He was killed..."

"By who?" You ask.

"... I can't say..." 

"What do you mean you can't say? Who killed him?" You ask again. Chifuyu looks up at you and then past you. You slowly turn your head to see Draken slowly approach the two of you.

"Baji is out of surgery?" He asks. Chifuyu nods. "Yuki... wh-"

"Who killed Kazutora?" You ask looking at Draken. Draken furrows his eyebrows and looks at Chifuyu who looks away. You look at Draken waiting for an answer. 

"I-" Draken starts.

"Was it Mikey?" You interrupt. Draken's eyes widen. You furrow your eyebrows and sigh. "Why are you both keeping the answer from me... Why can't you just tell me?" You huff.

"It's for your own good..."

"My own good? So, you will allow me to hang around the one who killed him?" You rasp. Draken furrows his eyebrows and walks up to you.

"What do you mean?" Draken seethes.

"If Mikey killed him... you will allow me to be around him?" You quietly ask.

"What makes you believe Mikey would kill him?" Draken fumes.

"Who else would? You? Chifuyu?" You rasp pointing at Chifuyu. "If you won't tell me then I'll figure it out myself." You sigh, walking away. Draken sighs and looks at Chifuyu. "I will be back..." He says as he walks after you. You walk out the hospital and down the alley.