Chapter 59

You stand in the room with Kasumi with the door closed. Kasumi's eyes look tired and heavy... like she's been crying a lot lately.

"Both her kidneys are failing... I tried finding different way's to help her but nothing is helping. The amount of money to save her is too high... higher than the treatment itself. I feel my whole life falling apart..." She sniffles. Snot is dripping out her nose and she balls up her sleeve to wipe it. You furrow your eyebrows and cringe a bit watching her do that.

"And lemme guess... Kisaki isn't helping you anymore?" You question. Kasumi lets her arm drop down. She relaxes her eyes and stares at the ground.

"Right." She softly replies.

"Why are you telling me any of this? I don't get it..." You sigh. She looks up at you and rubs her eyes.

"I don't have friends... and you were the only person I felt safe enough with." She sniffles.

"Right. But you lied to me... so how exactly did you feel safe with me?" You question.

"... I only lied because I was told not to tell you." She says in a defensive way. You relax your eyes and cross your arms.

"What did Kisaki want from you?" You question. Kasumi looks down avoiding eye contact. You stare her in the eyes waiting for her answer.

"He wanted- He- He wanted you- to know more about you..."

"Huh?"

"He wanted to know about you... He said he will help me in exchange for some information on you."

"Why the hell would he want information on me?" You huff.

"I don't know... He never told me why." She softly replies. You stare at her a bit before sighing and nodding.

"And why did he stop helping you?" You question.

"He used me... When he got everything he wanted he told me he would stop helping me..." She softly sighs. "And then right after that... Asuka's kidneys started to fail."

You stare at her for a while and then look towards the door.

"Class is going to start soon... so I should get going."

"WAIT... Yuki- please."

"Please what?" You loudly say looking back at her. "You used me too is what it sounds like..."

"WHAT?"

"Why exactly did you want to be friends with me?" You question.

"Because I wanted to be your friend..."

"But while we were friends you were giving information of me to Kisaki... make it make sense." You sigh. Kasumi looks down and sighs. You slowly nod and slide open the door, leaving the room. She watches as you do with a sad and defeated look on her face.

You quickly make your way down the hall stopping inches before your classroom. You clench your fist and look towards the stairway. You quickly turn towards the stairs and exit the school.

You stand in front of a swing staring down at it. You sigh drooping your head down.

"What exactly am I doing?" You grab the swing and push it, sighing as you do. You slowly look up and out into the distance. "Where would Takemichi be? Why are things so different?" You grab the swing and sit down on it, staring off into the distance.

"Take-michi... That's a strange name." A voice says from beside you causing you to jump off the swing. You quickly turn around to see an unfamiliar face.