Chapter 17

You grab the first aid kit from under your bed, placing it beside Baji. He still has a bored look on his face. You look him in the eyes making him look at you. He's a lot prettier up close. You thought. You hesitate, reaching to touch his hair to move it to the side. Your heart starts racing. You can't tell if it's because you're nervous from him being this close to you or because he's staring at you. You move his hair to the side and start wiping the wound clean with a washcloth. Baji is still staring directly into your eyes, making you shake a bit. You slowly look back at him.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" You ask. He sighs quietly and looks forward. You continue to clean his wound. You grab some ointment and put some on the wound. Baji closes his eyes scrunching up his face a bit from the pain the ointment is causing. You grab a Band-Aid from the kit, opening it to put on the wound. Baji opens his eyes to the noise of you separating the wrapper from the Band-Aid.

"Don't put that on me..." He says, looking you in the eyes. His eyes look relaxed and dim. You furrow your eyebrows.

"Why not?" You ask.

"Because its pink." He responds. You stare at the pink Band-Aid for a bit then you look back at him.

"Okay? So what."

"I don't want that on my face." He adds. You sigh, crumpling up the Band-Aid and wrapper together. You search through the kit to find a regular Band-Aid. You open it and place it on the wound. You slowly nod and put everything back in the kit. Then you close it and put it back under your bed. When you look back up at Baji, he has his eyes closed. You stare at him a bit thinking about what to do. He slowly opens his eyes to look at you.

"Are you done?" He asks. You slowly nod. "Okay." He says standing up and slowly walking out the bedroom. He is walking slow and sluggishly. Did I really hit him that hard? You thought to yourself.

"Baji." You say walking out the bedroom. He's leaning against the wall by the door. He's holding his hand up to his head. You can't see his face because his hair is covering it. "You don't look well..." You quietly say. Baji sighs and slides down to the ground. You slowly approach him.

"My head is killing me." He sluggishly says. His head drops down a bit before he lifts his head back up and leans his head back against the wall. "Do you have any food here?" He asks. You shake your head. He slowly nods and crawls towards the couch before giving up and laying down on the floor. You stare at him wondering what to do. "Call Draken for me..." Baji says.

"Draken?" You ask walking over towards him.

"Yeah, and tell him to come here really quick..." He quietly says. "Actually...No- call Chifuyu." He vacillated. You slowly nod looking for his phone. He moves his arm underneath him and then pulls it out, sliding his phone towards you. You pick up his phone, flipping it open. You go through his contacts and then you call Chifuyu.

"Hello."

"Chifuyu?"

"Huh? Who is this?" He asks.

"Yuki..." You reply.

"Why are calling from Baji's phone...? Did something happen?" He questions with a hint of concern in his voice.

"Kind of... Can you come to my place?" You ask.

"Yeah. Send me the address." He says before hanging up. You text him the address.

You place the phone down next to Baji, slowly sitting down next to him. His eyes are closed. Is he asleep? You thought to yourself.

"Is he coming?" Baji asks.