Chapter 61

You, Eli, and Chifuyu sit in the back of a van. Eli is holding Ena in his arms. You stare down at your legs feeling discombobulated. Chifuyu notices and holds your hand. You slowly look at him and he softly smiles at you. You stare at his smile a bit before looking back down.

Not long later the van goes down into a garage. Once they park, they let the three of you out. You and Chifuyu still hold hands as you follow behind the guys into the building. Eli is walking in front of you two, still cradling the baby in his arms. They motion you all to a room, closing the door behind you and Chifuyu. Both you and Chifuyu stare at the door after it closes. Chifuyu turns his head to look at Eli who's staring at him.

"What's going on? Who were those guys?" Chifuyu asks Eli. Eli stares at him and then looks away making an irritated face. "Yo. I'm talking to you. What's going on?" He asks again.

"I-"

RIIIING RIIIING

You look around the room confused as to where the ringing was coming from. It sounds like an old phone. An old landline phone. Eli walks in the direction of the phone and picks it up, pressing a button on it. You have no idea what he did, but you still stood by the door watching him from a distance.

"Eli. You there?" A voice says from the phone.

"Eno?"

"How's the baby?" 

"Where's my sister?"

"She's being taken care of. I'm on my way- The other two with you... I will have someone else deal with them."

"What are you talking about?" Eli huffs.

"You and your sister will be coming with me. Wasn't that the deal?" Eli clenches his fist and slams the phone down. Chifuyu looks at Eli in a confused way. Eli stares back at him.

"Did you hang up on him?" You question.

"Yeah." Eli replies.

"Who? What's going on?" Chifuyu asks glaring at Eli. Eli looks down at the ground with a sad look on his face. "ELI- COME ON DUDE. I'M NOT GOING TO KEEP REPEATING MYSELF!" He shouts as he lets go of your hand and approaches Eli.

"Chifuyu-" You say, holding your hand out. Chifuyu looks at you and then back at Eli.

"Eli." He calmly says. Eli slowly nods and takes a deep breath.

"That was my father-" Eli replies.

"He sent those guys to attack you or Yuki?" Chifuyu asks. Eli stares at him confused.

"I don't know." Eli replies. Chifuyu looks at you causing you to look at him. 

"How did you know that guy's name?" He asks you.

"What guy?" You question.

"The guy who shot the girl."

"I have met him before... He had attacked me, but I got away..."

"Wait- You mean- he was one of the guy's you told me about before? The one's who ki- tried to kill you?" Eli asks in a panicked tone. You slowly nod. He furrows his eyebrows and looks down at the ground.

"What do you mean? Someone tried killing you?" Chifuyu asks in a low tone. You slowly nod again. "Why?"

"I don't know..." You answer looking down. Chifuyu relaxes his eyes and sighs. Eli looks at you and furrows his eyebrows.

"What happened to you today?" He asks you. You slowly look up at him confused on what he meant.

"What?"