Chapter 62

Emi holds Ena in her arms. You stare at Emi confused to how she just walked in the room looking perfectly fine.

"Weren't you shot? How are you okay?" Chifuyu asks, glaring at Emi.

"I was shot but it didn't go into my chest... It only sliced it open." Emi replies. You cringe to the thought. 

"What did they do?" Eli asks.

"They stitched my wound..." Emi answers.

"So what now..." You say, staring at the ground.

"Yeah... Why are we still here?" Chifuyu huffs.

"I don't know." Eli sighs.

"I don't get it... Why did your father send someone to attack you two? I ask you questions but you give me short answers." Chifuyu seethes.

"I don't want to talk about it..." Eli huffs.

"I didn't ask if you wanted to talk about it. I didn't ask to be here but here we are... Stop being a bitch about it and just tell me what's going on." Chfiuyu fumes.

"Who are you?" Emi asks, looking at Chifuyu.

"Chifuyu Matsuno." He replies. She slowly nods and adjusts herself a bit.

"You're Yuki's friend so I assume you're good people." She softly says. Chifuyu stares at her with a blank expression on his face. "So... I will answer your questions. About being here... My father has been trying to get us to be here for a while. Why? I don't know."

"Wait-" You interrupt. You remember something Eli had mentioned earlier. The fact he has a brother a year younger than him and another one that's younger... but his father is married. "Does his wife know about you both?" You ask. Eli and Emi look at you in shock. "Does his wife know about his relationship with your mother-? What makes no sense to me is if he's married then why is he so worried about you two... the baby and your mother." Eli looks down at the ground with wide eyes. "Why is he going through all this trouble..." You sigh feeling confused.

"Yuki... You said that- that guy from earlier had tried killing you, right?" Chifuyu asks, staring down at the ground. You slowly look at Chifuyu and then at Eli and Emi.

"Yeah..." You say looking back at Chifuyu.

"So- they weren't there for Eli and Emi- they were there for you..." Chifuyu states.

"What makes you say that?" Eli huffs. Chifuyu stares at Eli a bit before answering.

"He was going to shoot Yuki in the head... Even if the gun was loaded with rubber bullets- a rubber bullet to the head can be fatal." 

"That's true... He tried shooting Yuki... but I jumped in and stopped him- which is why I got shot instead." Emi adds. Eli furrows his eyebrows.

"That doesn't mean he was after Yuki..." Eli replies.

"Did they know you were going to be there?" Chifuyu asks Eli. Eli slowly nods.

"When me and Yuki went to talk to Eno- my father... it already seemed like he knew we were staying with Yuki..." He implies. Chifuyu furrows his eyebrows and droops his head again.

"But that doesn't answer why those guys tried killing Yuki before." Emi motions towards Yuki, staring at Eli.

"That's what I'm getting at..." Chifuyu sighs. "Why did they try killing her before? And if they weren't targeting her this time then why did they try attacking her if they were only trying to go after you and her." He says motioning towards Emi and Eli.

"How does your father know where I live?" You ask Eli. Eli's eyes widen as if he just realized something.

"Yeah- How does he know where Yuki lives?" Emi repeats, staring at Eli.