Chapter 20

Draken furrows his eyebrows looking down at Eli. "What are you doing here?" He huffs. You stare at Eli who's now looking at Draken. 

"Eli..." You softly say, letting go of the knocker and moving towards him. Mikey grabs your arm, stopping you from going down the stairs. 

"What are you doing here?" Mikey asks.

"I wanted to talk to Yuki..." Eli replies. Mikey stares blankly at Eli.

The four of you are in your grandparent's house in front of your mother's altar. You kneel quietly in front of the altar with your eyes closed. Your grandfather walks in and sits down next to you. He has a calm look on his face. "You look just like your mother..." he sooths. You smile to his comment. Draken walks out the room to give you and your grandfather some space. Mikey follows behind him. 

"Oi... Eli..." Draken quietly says motioning Eli to walk out the room. Eli follows behind them. They stop outside the room, far enough so that no one can hear them. 

"What did you want to talk to Yuki about?" Mikey asks Eli. Eli looks at Mikey with a nervous look on his face.

"I've just been worried about her... that's all. There's been a lot going on... like the rumors and drama- I wanted to make sure she's okay." Eli replies.

"What do you mean by rumors?" Draken questions. Eli looks around the room and then takes a deep breath.

"Rumors that Yuki has been sleeping with the leader of Toman." Eli responds. Mikey smiles a bit after hearing that.

"Ah? Is that it?" Draken asks.

"Well... there's also rumor going around that Yuki is V..." Eli adds.

"V?" Mikey stares at Eli with a blank dull expression on his face. Eli slowly nods.

"How did anyone find out about that?" Draken leans down towards Eli, giving off an agitated look. 

"I don't know... That's all I have heard." Eli quavered, staring off into the distance.

"Oh? You sure you don't know? It wasn't you... was it?" Mikey asks leaning in towards Eli with a sadistic smile on his face.

"No... I know I talk to much sometimes... But I would never start a rumor about Yuki- I would never start a rumor about anyone. I... I'm not like that." Eli stutters. Mikey tilts his head to the side and stands up straight. You walk out the room and stare at them in the hallway. Mikey sighs and looks at Draken. Draken turns to look at you.

"Yuki... we have to go." Draken says walking up to you. 

"Go where?" You ask.

"To take care of some business..." Draken responds. You slowly nod. Mikey smiles at you making you feel nervous. 

"I will see you later." He sooths. They walk towards the front door. You and Eli follow behind them.

"Thank you for letting us in." Draken says bowing at your grandfather.

"Thank you for the dorayaki... it was yummy." Mikey bubbles. Your grandpa bows back at them.

"You're welcome."

 Mikey looks back at you and waves. "Bye Bye" He sooths walking out the door. Draken walks out behind him. Once your grandfather closes the door behind them, he turns and smiles at you.

"What nice boys." He says smiling at you.

"Yeah... nice-" Eli sighs with an awkward smile on his face. You fake a smile back.