Chapter 69

Both you and Chifuyu sit in the room with Baji, silently sitting on the floor. Baji sighs and places his manga down and looks at the both of you.

"Why are you both here again?" Baji sighs.

"We just wanted to see you Baji-san." Chifuyu softly says, smiling at Baji. Baji narrows his eyes and eyebrows, staring down at Chifuyu.

"When do you start physical therapy?" You softly ask looking up at Baji. His eyes slowly drift towards yours. 

"I don't know... I think my mom said Monday or something..."

"Isn't your friend leaving Sunday? Tomorrow's Sunday..." Chifuyu asks, looking at you. Your eyes widen and you slowly look back at Chifuyu. 

"Yeah... You're right..." You slowly say.

"What?" Baji looks at the both of you confused. You slowly look at him and lean back a bit, resting your weight on your hands.

"Eli is moving to Osaka... so he wants to hang out one last time." You sigh.

"Osaka..." Baji slowly says.

"You should really get a phone... It's hard to contact you when you don't have one." Chifuyu softly says looking at you.

"Every time I get one it breaks..." You quietly say.

"Then don't break it." Baji huffs as he lays back and picks his manga back up.

"Heheh... Well-" Chifuyu looks at you and smiles. "You should still get one... just in case- like- something happens, you know."

"Yeah..." You slowly nod.

"You're never home when people need you so it's never really easy to contact you." Chifuyu adds.

"Just get a phone..." Baji comments, staring down at you. You slowly nod. 

"Fine- I'll get another one." You sigh.

"Want me to come with you when you get one? Maybe after we can go get something to eat together~" Chifuyu bubbles leaning towards you. Baji furrows his eyebrows and glares at Chifuyu. 

"Okay." You sooth, smiling back at Chifuyu.

"Oi... can you both go somewhere with that- you know... it's... late." Baji huffs.

"Yet you're still awake." Chifuyu chuckles.

"It gets boring not being able to walk... sleeping all day doesn't do shit but keep me up all night." Baji sighs. 

"I can go buy you more manga's..." Chifuyu suggests as he stands up.

"Nah- I'm starting to get tired of reading..."Baji groans, tossing the manga to the side. "It's starting to hurt my head..." He sighs. 

"Oh..." 

"When I can walk again... let's go to the arcade." Baji sooths, looking at both you and Chifuyu. Chifuyu smiles and nods.

"Alright." 

Chifuyu unlocks his front door, letting you in. 

"Is your mom never home?" You softly ask.

"Mmm... when I was younger, she was home a lot... But she works a lot more so she's not home as much..." He slowly answers.

"Ah..." You say, slowly nodding. "You know... I can just go home..."

"I know... but it's late and I don't want you walking home this late." He sighs. "I'll fix a spot for you to sleep..." He says pushing his door open.