Chapter 33

"Wait... wait... are we really going to steal that nonexistent log that Eli told you about? We don't even know if that thing exists..." Hana sighs taking a bite of the biscuit.

"Why do you always make it seem like I'm the dumb one." Eli questions.

"Because you are..." Both you and Hana say. Eli stares at the two of you with a shocked look on his face.

"We would be wasting our time trying to steal that log when we can just go plan on what to do for your birthday tomorrow..." Hana implies.

"We can leave all the planning to tomorrow." You say flipping through the school newspaper.

"Since when did you collect the school newspaper?" Eli asks.

"Never... but I got curious..." You state.

"Damn... don't tell me you're doing this because of that girl..." Eli sighs.

"What girl?" Hana asks.

"The school log has all the gossip and information on all the students. There are just some things I want to look at... that's all." You reply.

"Since when do you care about other people like that...?" Hana asks. You stare at Hana who's eating your biscuit. You close the newspaper and shove it back into your bag.

"If you both oppose this so much then don't come with me. Besides there's an academic convention tonight in the school, so the student council should be there." You state.

"We are going tonight is basically what you're saying...?" Eli questions. His eyebrows risen and his eyes widen. Hana chugs down the iced coffee she stole from you.

"We? You mean me... if you want to come then come... otherwise don't butt in..." You sigh, standing up and putting your bag on your back.

"I still think this is a waste of time but... if stealing a dumb ass log makes you feel better then whatever... I'm coming regardless..." Hana states as she stands up and finishes the rest of the iced coffee. Eli sighs and stands up too.

"You know you have a broken leg, but you still use it as if it isn't broken... A lot of things about you worries me Yuki... but... one thing I don't understand is why do you always get yourself into trouble..." Eli states. You stare at Eli not giving him an answer. "You are cripple, yet you are putting yourself into another situation..."

"That's what's so thrilling about Yuki..." Hana says sarcastically.

"It's not like I want to be involved in these things... I just have a bunch of questions I don't have answers to." You softly say. You turn to look back at Eli. "I guess you're right about the fact I have a messed-up leg, but I don't really care what situation I get myself into. If I'm curious and want an answer I will find that answer..." You sigh walking out the cafe. Eli and Hana catch up to you.

"Yeah, I get it Yuki... but your leg is broken... at least show its broken... like... use your crutches." Eli says handing you your crutches. You sigh and adjust yourself on them.

"I can't wait until my leg is fully healed... these things are starting to get annoying." You groan.

After a few hours you, Hana, and Eli are sitting in the gym on the bleachers from above watching students walk around and visiting different poster boards. 

"There's the student council president..." Eli says pointing in the direction of Sakura.

"Good... we should sneak out now to check that log..." Hana says standing up and pulling you up with her.

"Wait... we are really doing this?" Eli asks. You and Hana turn to look at Eli.

"Chickening out?" Hana questions. Eli sighs and rubs the back of his head.